cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Windows 10 Update August 2

Highlighted

Re: Big Windows 10 Update August 2

Yeah I choose poorly alright! Mr. Quote Man...

Taking this "wonderful" slow internet
Honorary Alumnus

Then you need to find out why your internet is slow.

FAP ?

If you are in throttled because you used all your data then issue is with you.

Too many concurrent connections ?

Reduce the number of devices, active programs and active processes running at any one time.

Have you determined and documented your systems baseline speeds to see if you are within normal performance parameters for your system platform and plan level ?

Run a series of speed tests at testmy.net

Create an account there, use the manual test of 12 MB download, 2 MB upload.

Run three to five tests space at least 5 minutes apart.

Do this about three times in 24 hours, early, mid-day and evening.

Run the tests on a computer directly connected to the modem.

When complete, post a link to your saved results.

Gabeu: Oh come now. Windows 10 is the worst, worst, worst OS ever created. It cant do most things I can do with Vista.  It's like starting over in kindergarten for no good reason.

I am already addressing this issue with a HughesNet Rep in another post, I'm not Fapped yet.
Associate Professor

Assistant Professor

Bernard, run a virtual machine if you want to keep an old OS and run 16 bit programs. ScuumVM and DosBox are great for old games and software. VMware is great for running an entire OS.

Come April next year you're opening yourself up to attacks since no more support.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle?c2=11732&wa=wsignin1.0
Distinguished Professor IV

Bernard,

First...REALLY?  It was sarcasm.  I never thought in a million years that anybody would take what I said about Windows 10 seriously. 

Secondly...Vista.  Still using Vista, eh?  Hmm.  Okay, then.  LOL.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor IV

Well Hughes should make it so these large updates are not counted

I had a pretty hefty update in February for a game I have installed.  About 6GB.  Does that count?  How about all of the smaller, incremental updates to Windows 10 in between.  Surely they add up to a few GBs.  Does that count?  How about when I upgraded to Windows 10 in the first place.  Does that count?  And that's with three PCs.  Minus the game update, that's about 30 GBs total just for the three PCs upgrading and updating of Windows 10.

Hmm.  How about when I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1.  That was three PCs, too, and one of them twice.  That's about another 13-14GB. 

And who's to say what's "large"?  Where's the definition?  Other programs and updates for those programs are GBs and GBs over the years.  

Come to think of it, they should just give us free internet!   

You pay for the GBs you get and how you use them is up to you.  It has nothing to do with Hughesnet.  What you download and update and use is up to you.  Hughesnet isn't responsible for any of that. 

I know they can because they did it for the Windows 10 upgrades last year

That was a promotion and promotions end.  A past promotion isn't all inclusive for everything in the future.  It was a promotion for upgrading.  It's over. 

You are responsible for how you use the data you are sold. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

This has NOTHING to do with the post update reboot, and everything to do with Win 10 downloading whenever the computer and connection to huges is up.  It can't be stopped, and eats up your FAP and effectively shuts you down.

I can't even get hughes download manager to schedule an off FAP time to download an update for the Hughes Status meter.  It says it will, but doesn't, or can't.

This is on two different machines.  One preloaded with win10 and the other that came loaded with it.

Also, don't have the ability to purchase or use existing tokans.  It times out. That's been an ongoing problem for years.

The only reason I can post this comment is because I also have a Verizon wifi.