cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Windows 10 Update August 2

Freshman

Re: Big Windows 10 Update August 2

hughesnet is , one of the worst companies i hae ever been with, my contract is up soon, Thank God, i will go with total highspeed. unlimited for 70 a month.
Freshman

Hugesnet was our only choice when i signed up ,Thank God other companies our growing out this way

Their are many months I don't use all of my data. When I don't, it would be nice if Hughesnet would roll that data over to the following month, just so I don't run out with a big update in the future.  Keep the price as is, and if a customer actually needs more each month, the customer needs to buy the upgrade. It is a win win for both Hughesnet and the customers.

If I lived in area that had unlimited cable I would use them instead of Hughesnet. Unfortunately, I don't. So I am stuck with them. I do have to admit though, since I signed up for Gen4 it has improved some. Thank God for small favors!

Is there any way we can keep Microsoft from updating our computers to W10? I don't want their damn program. I'm using Linux on one of my two machines. Will it be affected by this update?
Assistant Professor

rodrob43, GWX Control Panel is one way: http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

The Linux machine will not be affected by any kind of Windows update.

So then tell me , why is it if you live in an area that has cable, you can get unlimited usage? I believe the cable companies get their data from satellites also.
Distinguished Professor IV

HerEntrprs,

Completely different infrastructure and method of providing the service. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

HerEntrprs,

To add, although cable uses satellites to relay their TV services and such, as do the individual networks they provide, the internet they provide is hardwired.  It doesn't use satellites. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Then what does it use? It has to come from somewhere.

Mostly fiber optic, these days, which has replaced actual wiring.