cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Windows 10 Update August 2

Highlighted

Re: Big Windows 10 Update August 2

I would hope to show "good" customer service that the update would be done during the "free data cycle" at night. Surely they could pick an hour that would cover us all.
Highlighted

This is an excellent idea!
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Sharon,

Great idea, but good luck convincing Microsoft of that.  If they don't care about people with data caps (us and others), they aren't going to care about when it's most amenable for the same people to download large updates.   

The only other options are saving data, or updating the morning of the release, or the next morning, depending on the actual time of the release.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Another reason why I decided to not upgrade my two computers to Windows 10. Dual booting Kubuntu 16.02 LTS  (Linux) along side my Windows 7 and Windows 8..1 systems. Not happy with Windows forcing us to "rent" their software. 
Highlighted

I agree!
Highlighted
Junior

Thanks, Liz.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Get ready. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

A technician told me that Windows updates were not counted towards our data limit! Somebody is lying and I am getting mad!
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

The "technician" knows not of which he speaks.

Taken from the Hughes Fair Access Policy:

How is my usage calculated?

HughesNet counts each byte of data sent from, or to, your terminal. This includes packet headers, re-transmissions, and other standard overhead which is part of any IP communications. However, when HughesNet is able to apply compression and reduce the size of the data you send or receive, only the compressed (smaller) data is counted against your usage

That can be read in full here:

http://legal.hughesnet.com/FairAccessPolicyGen4.cfm

Highlighted

Well someone needs to train your so called "support" (I can use quotes too. -.-) because I am tired of getting different answers from everyone I talk to!