cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Windows 10 Update August 2

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Big Windows 10 Update August 2

I'm sure a rep will see this and address it.  Bottom line is anything that your devices download or upload is counted. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
sallynug

This is what I was told by support

sallynug

This is from the transcript I sent to my self after she just disconnected for no reason
GabeU

I'm glad you posted that so the reps in here will be able to see it.  That rep that gave you that info is 100% wrong. 

The update being released tomorrow absolutely will use your data. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

All I can say is I don't want to see Jezra's post if the update doesn't use data. >.>
GabeU

Make sure you have everything backed up.  System image, here. 

Amanda

Hi Sally,

Thank you for letting us know about this. We have located your account and will be reviewing all the interactions you had with our agents to better educate them on our policies and procedures. 

As a final answer, the original "promotion" was that we allowed all our customers to download the Windows 10 update without using their data, however since this is just a patch type update and the promo I mentioned is over, the update will still count against your bandwidth, 

Hope that clears things up

Amanda
suesscales

All Hughes net would have to do is give a 1 day credit on everyone's bill for updates . It wouldn't matter if some didn't do the update, their choice. All would be equal !
suesscales

All Hughes net would have to do is give a 1 day credit on everyone's bill for updates . It wouldn't matter if some didn't do the update, their choice. All would be equal !
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

We heard you equally well the first time.