COVID-19 Reminders: With an increasing number of people staying at home to work and study due to COVID-19, HughesNet network traffic in the U.S. has increased dramatically. As a result, in many areas of the country, our network is operating at full capacity. To maintain performance for our customers during this time of extremely high demand, we’ve adjusted our network to help meet the demand – and we continue to optimize the network around the clock.
To help people working from home, we have optimized Cloud-based business applications. We have also optimized online educational apps, and are working with teachers to identify the websites and learning tools on which they depend.
If you have trouble accessing an online educational site, share the details with us at the following link so we can help:
To protect the health of the representatives at our customer care call centers, we are following approved Covid-19 guidelines. These actions may result in longer than usual wait times. For immediate answers to frequently asked questions, visit my.hughesnet.com, community.hughesnet.com, or the HughesNet app. If you do call, email, or send a chat to Customer Care, we will answer you as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience during this extraordinary time.
If you and/or your family members are at home due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, you probably are using more of your data than you have in the past. To help you better manage your data usage, here are some recommendations:
- Disconnect non-essential devices from Wi-Fi (such as TVs, e-readers, tablets, etc.)
- Turn off automatic updates on your devices and delay them until the Bonus Zone, from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Reconfigure security cameras to use less data
- Download movies, TV shows, audio books and other large files during Bonus Zone hours, from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Use audio-only mode with conferencing apps like Zoom, Skype, WebEx, Teams and Google Hangout to limit data use
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Slow performance? Click me!