cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughes JUPITER System Wins Customers and Awards as High-Throughput Satellite System of Choice

Highlighted
Admin

Hughes JUPITER System Wins Customers and Awards as High-Throughput Satellite System of Choice

OK - Sometimes we will toot our horn.  More importantly though, you selected a pretty good product....sez SpaceRef publications.

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=45291
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Hughes JUPITER System Wins Customers and Awards as High-Throughput Satellite System of Choice

Well this is an opening fro a lot of negative comments by those who are unhappy with HughesNet. That doesn't include me so I will say congratulations all HugheNet employees. It is nice to get kudos every now and then.
Highlighted

Re: Hughes JUPITER System Wins Customers and Awards as High-Throughput Satellite System of Choice

had nothing but good on my end
Highlighted
Associate Professor

I am interested in the fact the site claims each terminal can get upto 100Mbps pumped to it.. I know we will never see that, but as more satellites come online... Gives Hughes wiggle room in the future.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Interesting.

I know my system has performed well considering the overall complexity of the system.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

I find this statement even MORE interesting...

Hughes is bringing to market a JUPITER System gateway configuration that is optimized for conventional satellites using C- and Ku-band capacity.

Didn't think they could adapt the Jupiter platform in such a manor that other band types could be utilized in such a manor...  Though I highly assume it's the method of having numerous gateways and not the terminals that they are talking about in such a comment.

Now to see when Jupiter II and Jupiter III (I assume that's the other satellite they have spoke of in a few FCC documents) launches...
Highlighted

Well done! Well deserved. Came into the 7000s from Starband with absolutely no complaints over 10 years.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

The article seems based more on overall international operations.
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Here is a link to Satbeams ..... planned :

http://satbeams.com/satellites?status=planned

One can check the entire Earth's circumference for upcoming launches.

After all there are only so many orbital slots up there, only so much bandwidth available in a given frequency range. The building of these things take time and launch facilities are limited.

When Spaceway3 was announced it seems that the ability to perform some duties on-board was considered a breakthrough. I'm sure that has been expanded on Echostar17. Goodness only knows what is planned for the next series of birds and beyond.