end, we posted messages on our HughesNet support telephone
lines, customer care and social media websites as well as 
the HughesNet Customer Management Center. We’re sensitive 
to the importance of Internet access for you and your 
family or business and extend our sincere apologies for 
any inconvenience.
22 REPLIES 22
munchkin

Sure r messing up people data allowance on pc & on their phones when we can't use our wifi. It's costing us more money!
MzLiz

The entire system needs to be upgraded--it's overloaded..It wont even make it to the next decade if major upgrades aren't implemented...It's like trying to put a band-aid on a gushing wound and expect everything to run smoothly and properly..The CEO, Vice President of Hughesnet should have realized this by now..I'm sure he did but instead of fixing the obvious problems that pop up within the service he's steadily lining his pockets up while constantly screwing over his customers..Companies like Hughesnet will only change when they're forced to..They already have one strike against them in the court system I guess they're looking for another.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
jcollison251
Sophomore

You de-orbit the thing and try not to hit anyone.  That would be an "upgrade".
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Liz, the only way you "upgrade" is by adding new satellites by launching them into space which is not an easy endeavor and takes a huge lead time from start to finish.
They are planning to launch another satellite the last quarter of next year. 
MzLiz

So they've waited all this while when the system is dam* near critical to launch a new satellite into orbit next year..alrighty then.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Liz they started building the new sat. over a year ago and have had the launch planned since then its not like you can run to radioshack and just buy one and shoot it in the sky with a home made rocket, it cost millions of dollars and a lot of planning,
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

probably cost millions to just ship it to the launch site, lol
Joan Buckley

All I want to know is when will I have service again ?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

They just flat-rate overnight it.  🙂
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Joan, have you pulled the power from the outlet, waited a few minutes then plugged back in? Seems to be working for some folks.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Joan the service has been restored, like sgoshe mentioned try unplugging it for a few minutes then plug it back in and see if it comes back up

There is no way to upgrade a satellite once it is launched to be able to handle more usage! Only upgrading they can do is build a new satellite. As Charles has said they are in the process of building one. Which will be improved and be able to handle more data then the current Gen4 satellite.

If you are getting the Antenna Pointing screen you will have to abort pointing at the right time and the modem should register. Read my comment on the following post to how to get past the Registration error (go to the bottom of the first page). https://community.myhughesnet.com/hug...
johnmc318

Just out of curiosity, Why was the announcement that it was down last night, that was posted last night, taken down?? Also, I take it we will not be getting a service credit for that time we couldn't access it either...

The post was there for updates on the outage and I got up today and went on tablet to look for an update and the post was gone. Had to log on computer and check if service was back on. I was going to ask for a credit. But figured it wasn't worth it. Probably won't get anything being it was only down a few hours. But I was looking forward to doing some updates and was unable to. And can't do them during the day because will use my daily allowance.
jcollison251
Sophomore

Johnmc-  The simple answer is: That is just how Hughesnet does business.  I have learned that from the ~4 years I've been with them.  For some reason Hughesnet is always in PR damage control mode.   Even when there's not a huge outage.  Maybe that is the nature of the satellite business; I do not know.

Keep in mind this forum is available to potential customers without community accounts, not just registered users.  HN wants to paint a rosy picture of course for those potential customers.  Any company is going to have complaints, but most companies do not have to resort to deleting posts from customers.

I'm guessing what happened in this case is a helpful Official Rep posted an announcement about the downtime and then a higher-up eventually saw it and ordered its removal.  "What, are you nuts?  It was the middle of the night; nobody's going to notice.  Take that stuff down at once!"
Amanda

Hi Joan - Did your services come back up? Please call us at 1-866-347-3292 right away if they have not.

Thank you
Amanda

If they didn't want anyone to know about the short outage, they should have deleted all the user posts about the service being down!! Just deleting the official rep post is not going to keep people from not knowing the service was out! So with still having the other posts it was stupid and unnecessary to delete the official rep post!