cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaceway Service Notice

Re: Spaceway Service Notice

All I want to know is when will I have service again ?
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

They just flat-rate overnight it.  Smiley Happy
Assistant Professor

Joan, have you pulled the power from the outlet, waited a few minutes then plugged back in? Seems to be working for some folks.
New Poster

Joan the service has been restored, like sgoshe mentioned try unplugging it for a few minutes then plug it back in and see if it comes back up

There is no way to upgrade a satellite once it is launched to be able to handle more usage! Only upgrading they can do is build a new satellite. As Charles has said they are in the process of building one. Which will be improved and be able to handle more data then the current Gen4 satellite.

If you are getting the Antenna Pointing screen you will have to abort pointing at the right time and the modem should register. Read my comment on the following post to how to get past the Registration error (go to the bottom of the first page). https://community.myhughesnet.com/hug...

Just out of curiosity, Why was the announcement that it was down last night, that was posted last night, taken down?? Also, I take it we will not be getting a service credit for that time we couldn't access it either...

The post was there for updates on the outage and I got up today and went on tablet to look for an update and the post was gone. Had to log on computer and check if service was back on. I was going to ask for a credit. But figured it wasn't worth it. Probably won't get anything being it was only down a few hours. But I was looking forward to doing some updates and was unable to. And can't do them during the day because will use my daily allowance.
Sophomore

Johnmc-  The simple answer is: That is just how Hughesnet does business.  I have learned that from the ~4 years I've been with them.  For some reason Hughesnet is always in PR damage control mode.   Even when there's not a huge outage.  Maybe that is the nature of the satellite business; I do not know.

Keep in mind this forum is available to potential customers without community accounts, not just registered users.  HN wants to paint a rosy picture of course for those potential customers.  Any company is going to have complaints, but most companies do not have to resort to deleting posts from customers.

I'm guessing what happened in this case is a helpful Official Rep posted an announcement about the downtime and then a higher-up eventually saw it and ordered its removal.  "What, are you nuts?  It was the middle of the night; nobody's going to notice.  Take that stuff down at once!"

Hi Joan - Did your services come back up? Please call us at 1-866-347-3292 right away if they have not.

Thank you
Amanda