cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaceway Service Update -#3

Admin

Spaceway Service Update -#3

We are currently experiencing an interruption of Internet service for our Spaceway customers. Our network engineers are working to restore service as quickly as possible. We don't anticipate service to be restored until sometime in the early afternoon on Wednesday the 5th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Additional updates will follow.
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Spaceway Service Update -#3

Better get a bill credit or something. ..

Thank you for working on it. I already checked my computer, HN9000 modem etc., and all looked fine. But the modem diagnostics said 5 messages sent to satellite, 0 received. I went to downdetector.com and discovered I'm not alone. Seems some people all over the US are experiencing the same inability to communicate with the satellite. (August 4 and 5, 2015)

Wish we would get an email when something like this happens I thought my modem had gone out .got on my phone to chk Hughesnet website and nothing said about outages that should have been front page news .

How can you get an email if your connection is down?

Some of us use our Hughes Net for online classes and a 24 hour service interruption is really unacceptable. I hope a plan is put in place to avoid this in the future. Between this and the extra I pay for access to reasonable amounts of data, I will be looking into other options. I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of information we are being given as to what is causing this problem and what compensation we will receive to address the inconvenience this has caused.

I can access my email using my cell phone's data.
Spectator

Our internet connection went down yesterday, nothing I have seen before. How can I find out if we are using Spaceway Service?
Highlighted

Even if you don't like Twitter, it's a place you can go to get an update about whether or not there is an outage.

You guys still having problems with the internet it's been 24 hours now