cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaceway Service Update -#3

Highlighted

Re: Spaceway Service Update -#3

They were probably hacked by a 6 year old in China.
Highlighted

I'm in Southern VA and mine has been down since around 6 pm on 8/4. I assume I'm a Spaceway customer even though I've never heard of it. I will be looking forward too a bill credit. (Yeah, right!)
Highlighted
Employee

If you have a white modem that says "HN9000" on the front, your service is over the Spaceway satellite. 
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Makes me think nobody here ever had their car breakdown. Stuff happens, nothing made by man is perfect.
I understand people who use it for business or school are really in a bind but really should have a backup plan in place just like for anything else that extremely important in life.
I'm on Jupiter satellite so easy for me to say I suppose. My world would not come to an end though if I lost service for a day or two. 
I'm very sure they are working extremely hard to get service restored ASAP. All the sniping isn't going to get it fixed any quicker.

This comment is not directed at any one person here but if you want to take it personally and go off on me I'm ready. Pretty much expect it. Also, I'm 99.9% sure they will compensate people somehow once this is all over.
Highlighted

I agree with david, an email and update emails would have been nice. When mine went down I called tech suppott and had to go through the walk through with the tech. After doing all that he comes back saying an email came saying maintenance problems and would be ip in an hour. This happened yesterday about 5pm.
Highlighted

Yes stuff happens and it would be one thing if I thought that was all this is. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is another ploy to get us to upgrade our satellite equipment and get us off the Spaceway. I got home one day and my father told me Hughesnet had called and offered him a free upgrade and that they were coming out for an appointment the next day to do it. I handle all the internet, cell phone and tech stuff for my family because they don't get stuff and I know the stuff that needs to be asked. So I called customer service and they confirmed the appointment. I said ok that is fine but it will not affect our plan will it? They said well, you will be moved to a new and improved plan, you cannot keep the old one. So I told them to cancel the appointment and not to call us and be shady anymore. Changing someone's plan is an important detail not to mention. We have a crappy 425MB per day limit but with the bank they added in a few years back it gives us about 1GB per day if we didn't use much the day before. And between the hours of 2AM to 7AM we have unlimited bonus time. We can't afford to lose that unlimited bonus time because that is when I can do computer updates such as windows or antivirus or whatever. And iTunes updates for our iPhones and iPads. Not to mention my son and I are students and many of our online classes require us to watch videos. The hours of our bonus time are not convenient but at least we are able to do what we need to do. With the be plans and a bonus time limit of 20GB per month I think it was, there is no way we could make it on that. According to the rep I spoke with to cancel the above appointment I spoke about, they were planning to close down the Spaceway satellite and people would have to move to it eventually. So, now you might understand why I and others might be suspicious of what is going on.
Highlighted
New Poster

Can't get through on the support number so I called exe support, they gave me 2 days credit.
Highlighted
Spectator

Thanks Patrick, that would be my modem... Smiley Sad
Highlighted

I agree that we ought to either get a one day credit on our bills, or get a free 1-gig token or something. I don't have cell service in my area, so I can't check email or any messages during the service outage.
Highlighted

I agree a notification would be nice. Living in rural Nevada, I too went thru all the motions of resetting the modem , computer, network etc... I have told the techs from India in the past, and as a customer for over 15 years and many down times......just let me know if it is a solar flare or asteroid so I can stop dismantling my computer ...okay? Since it comes from outer space, I hope it is not a large space accident and easily fixable Smiley Wink