Did you mean: 

Spaceway Service Update -#3

crappyuselesssp

Re: Spaceway Service Update -#3

Think he was that old?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The fact they posted, especially late last night, isn't normal.  She would normally have been home by then, and I am 100% positive that the reason they are so quiet today is because of what's going on, trying to figure things out, and having to deal with the call-centers...  The team that leads this website, is responsible for far more than pushing a few updates here.

Hughes almost never posts anything about outages, even planned service outages for maintenance.  The fact they are posting means it's serious and affects a large percentage of the network.
tukatshak
Freshman

OK, then.  Let's have an opt-in phone system where we can give HughesNet permission to send us a robo-call.  I am part of the "ThunderCall" system where severe weather alerts send me an SMS (if I had cell phone service) or a phone call.  This would keep the panicked service calls to HughesNet down tremendously.

Does anyone really know what is out?  Did weather knock out the NOC?  Space dust blast the satellite?  Hacking?  Cut electrical line?  Most of us would be more patient if we really knew what was happening...
jcollison251
Sophomore

I do not understand the bit about the Windows 10 upgrade making this a bqd time for an outage. Win10 will still be there next week, will it not?
Linda Winstead

Charles, actually it wasn't on my end. When I called, it was always something on their end and even then they'd didn't feel it warranted compensation. They always suggest an upgrade which I can't afford. I live in the sticks with no other options for internet. Such is life....
Eric Borst

So, Charles R or Patrick...

Is this why my HN9000 is sitting there with the system light slowly blinking at me and no transmit or receive lights since yesterday late afternoon?
tukatshak
Freshman

jcollison, the Windows 10 upgrade is 3G big.  That's a lot of data to be downloading without interruption.  Yes, it the upgrade will be around for a year, but with 5 computers in our household needing to upgrade, we wanted to get going on them.  Among the 5 computers, we have 3 versions of Windows 7 and one of Windows 8.1 - each needing a specific download.  We're just impatient, of course.
Amanda

Hi Everyone! We've got the latest updates here now and will continue adding more as they come:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/spaceway-service-update-4

Thanks,
Amanda