cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win10 Download HughesNet Relief

JacksonTech

Re: Win10 Download HughesNet Relief

This is what my colleague reported...

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/removing-windows-update-kb3035583-may-prevent-une...

deepdiver, hopefully our community reps will be able to help you on Monday. You may need to make a new thread.
Pawnee County

The more I hear about this Windows 10 stuff makes me more than happy I use Linux my next step is to totally ditch all MSBS from my PC and go 100% Linux so bye bye Microsoft.  I can live very happy without your sh** of a OS.
Denise Holcomb1

So is my account a Jupiter subscriber?  I don't have Gen4.  My plan is HughesNet ProPlus, which I am perfectly happy with.  I just want to know how Win 10 is going to affect me.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Oh Jezra, there you go again.  Smiley Happy

Denise Holcomb1

I think it's only fair that we all get some free data for this.  Not just certain customers.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Denise everyone is supposed to get it when updating to 10. Jezra was referring to his Linux OS I believe.

This is a major upgrade requiring GBs of data that is why they are issuing the extra. Future regular updates to 10 will count against usage like they always have for other versions.
Denise Holcomb1

I agree with Jezra.  But now that I read my comment it does sound snippy.  Sorry didn't mean it that way.
Pawnee County

Hey Jezra

I have already updated all of my PCs to Mint 17.2 wonder if it can be retro active extra data?  LAMO
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Jezra, maybe they will from now on if it is in the GBs of data.
Denise Holcomb1

Oh and I have 3 laptops to update. Does anyone know how that will work?  I'm not updating them all at once though.  I want to test on one so i can decide if I like Win 10.  LOL.