cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win10 Download HughesNet Relief

Amanda

Re: Win10 Download HughesNet Relief

Hi Denise
I can't tell for sure what you're on since we have Pro Plus on both Gen3 and Gen4 but they are different...

If you are on a Legacy (older) plan and have a daily download allowance, I think the most we can do is give you tokens, but please do expect your download will cause you to exceed your daily allowance and is probably best run overnight because it will take a very long time.

Thank you,
Amanda
Pawnee County

Download the .iso and install from a flash drive then only the update updates will need to be downloaded separately.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I appreciate them giving the data for one upgrade. Since they are laptops I would take the other two to the library or some other hotspot.
There are also ways to create an installation DVD from the first laptop you install it to. I would recommend doing it anyway since then you'll have it in case of future system crash.
Denise Holcomb1

Amanda yes I believe I have the Legacy plan--my allowance is daily.  Right now I have my connection set up as metered so it won't download right now.  Guess I will try to run it tonight at 2AM.
Pawnee County

when I updated from 17.1 to 17.2 through terminal it only took about 250Mb times 3 PCs thats 750Mb the whole .iso is 1.2Gb download though.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I was typing while Gary posted. What he said also.  Smiley Happy
Pawnee County

I still wonder what M$ is up to it isn't like them to give away anything there has to be a reason.
Amanda

Hi Denise,

Gary's got a good idea there... Unless you live really close to a library and don't have a floppy disk Smiley Wink Just kidding. Maybe one of our members can help you find a how-to guide?

Thanks
Amanda
Pawnee County

Like the song, "Gotta get drunk and I sure do dread it".
Pawnee County

Jezra you and I have the same problem we use Linux.  Even though it is the best OS ever and something like 60 to 70% of all servers use Unix(Linux) or Apache2 and it is the 3rd most used OS in the World.  Also Europe and Asia use Linux over Windows I think last I read it was by a 3 to 1 margin the sheeple in the US haven't figured out there is life after Windows.  If the software and hardware companies would get off the Windows band wagon things could be different.  I look for MS to get people updated to Windows 10 then put everything on the Cloud and charge for services and apps like cellular companies do.