cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win10 Download HughesNet Relief

Associate Professor

Re: Win10 Download HughesNet Relief

Pamela, you are better off creating your own topic.  As for you paying your bill, your bill date, and reset date are not always going to be the same day.
Admin

To keep you all current,  please know this
Windows 10 download relief was a one-time exemption and is no longer active.
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks for the update Katie !

jezra will be so pleased to hear this.

My Granddaughter is staying at my house .  She has a Dell laptop with Windows 10 the thing wiped out 3 GB in 2 days before I could catch it.  I hardwired my only WiFi PC and turned Wifi off at the router.  Windows 10 is nothing but a Virus/Keylogger/Tracking Cookie/Spyware just plain horrible OS long live Linux.
Assistant Professor

Gary, Gary, Gary......after all the posts here about 10 being a data hog if not properly corralled.  Shame, shame!  Smiley Happy
Honorary Alumnus

Speaking as someone that has always purchased the full retail version of Windows I now consider Windows to be a "virus" in its behavior.

The problem for Hughes users is ... that if you have updated Win7/8/8.1 it has caused those OS's to emulate the behavior of Win10 and it is not apparent to the people that need to know this info the most ... novice users.

Sgoshe I was surprised, I didn't know she had it with her and the last time I saw it she had seven on it.  I tried 10 for a whole 2 days and then abandoned it.  Back to Linux I like to have control on my own.

Gwalk maybe it is time for a revolution and everyone either go back to XP or OSX or Linux that would send a message.  I know it wouldn't happen but would be nice to see MS squirm. 
Honorary Alumnus

I have Mint on my desktop
Distinguished Professor IV

I don't know.  I have Windows 10 on this machine now, I've had it on my laptop for a while, and had Windows 8.1 on both beforehand, completely updated, and haven't had any problems at all.  As long as you know what to turn off and what to watch, Windows 10 and an up to date Windows 8.1 are fine.  Also, I had all that with my old 425MB per day pro plan before Gen4 and still had no problems.  You just have to be vigilant.   

I also have Mint on my second SSD on this desktop.  I like it, but it's not quite as user friendly and ready to go with everything as Windows, but again, I do like it. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit