AT&T says Desktop app For DirecTV-DVR is Coming Soon

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitnbob
Tutor

AT&T says Desktop app For DirecTV-DVR is Coming Soon

Before ATT aquired DirecTV, my television provider had a desktop app called Genie Go. (whole house DVR.type of thing)

was pretty buggy and ATT dropped it and removed all the help support.

The new DirecTV mobile app for smart phones and tablets works good for playing the Recordings>Playlist from my DirecTV receiver.

I recently bought a new ATT phone and a prepaid plan. Only 2 gb service.

I dont need more cell data cause I can do most every thing on Wi-fi by connection of my newly aquired HT2000w HughesNet modem.

I installed the app on my cell phone. Works good.

The tree branched finally grew in front of my DirecTV dish. August was time for an upgrade to HD DVR. They needed to free install a new dish for me. They brought a much newer DVR receiver a Genie   HR54/200   There was a new software revision came out last month   Oxd8f   01/18/18   

Considering the TV receiver is using the same wi-fi network as the smartphones and tabletson my HT2000w modem.

My desktop is ethernet cable......................... The DELL can see the HT and it can see the HR54. did i lose anyone on that one??  Smiley Happy  

Here's a picture.

DELL    HR54  HughesNet VoiceDELL HR54 HughesNet Voice

But What in the bleep are these 3 media servers?

If my desktop can see the HR54 receiver I should be able to interact with it. But NOooooo...... I have to be a hand held device. Smiley Sad

I dont want to stream Live TV thru media player or my phone, I would rather let DirecTV record it , then I can watch it anytime thru the wi-fi local network using NO HughesNet data        Token - Free (500MB)                                                                           Token - Free (500MB)

This is getting lengthy, I'll add more later

32 REPLIES 32