Absolutly Disapointed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muppetlover78
Freshman

Absolutly Disapointed

First let me point out that when finding General Discussion it says " Not for technical Support" and Second under Board Rules it says; Welcome to our little off-topic area where you can chat with others about techie stuff (or non-tech stuff, that's fine). This is not a place for HughesNet support, so if you need help, please post in the appropriate board.
So not only am I disappointed in the service but when I come to the place to talk about it, I find people telling others this is a tech support page. You can see my further disappointment and confusion...
That being said I just got and paid for the worst internet and home phone service ever. The Installation went great but but hits were just getting started. First thing I noticed was that my Roku wouldn't pickup or play many of the apps. The one app that would play was Netflix but only if the show if streaming in low deffinition. Netflix streams 4k @ 25 mgbs per second. I have a 4k TV and Hughsnet says my black box is picking up between 26 and 27 Mbps... So what's the issue? Hughsnet told me to lower the resulation to 720p and it should run great. It does not! Let's talk about prime time... No service at all. Constant buffering. How about loss of Satalite signal... Clouds.. No signal. Rain No signal. Morning mist or fog.. No signal.
WiFi has to be good right? Wrong! Wifi when connected is little better then dialup. Surely loads like it. And let's not forget I payed for home phone too. The first 2 weeks I couldn't figure out why my phone wouldn't let me make calls. Litterely said I needed to register my phone. I know crazy right. Well I called support and they had me turning the phone line around from the end that's in the phone base to the back of the modem. I was laughing the whole time. Finally after resetting, upluging, and swapping wires 4 times and 40 mins later they were able to get the phone light to light up to give me a dial tone. But the story doesn't end their. I have a brand new phone system that I just bought and it sounds like whoever I talk to is in a tiny box on mars. Horrible phone service. So because I just got the phone hooked up and finally working I haven't had a chance to give out the number yet to anyone and not an hour later I start getting spam calls, robo calls or whatever you call them. Hughsnet sold my phone number to these spammers.
Then to top it all off and end this rant, I found out I can't cancel my services and find someone new because they will charge me $400 to cancel.
Unfreekin Believable.
15 REPLIES 15