Hughesnet Community

Bawk bawk bawk

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

Bawk bawk bawk

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1019624-roast-chicken-with-maple-butter-and-rosemaryhttps://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1019624-roast-chicken-with-maple-butter-and-rosemary

It's National Poultry Day! Let's appreciate the bountiful birds that give us so many delicious dishes like fried chicken, coq au vin, chicken parmesan, Peking duck, chicken tikka masala, roast quail, chicken enchiladas, chicken adobo, turkey burgers, Nashville hot chicken sandwich, Peruvian chicken... I'm glad it's almost lunch time... I'm seriously about to eat some fried chicken.

Learned this really fascinating tid bit about poultry from the national day calender site:

While a group of chickens is called either a brood or peep, if they are chicks we call them a clutch or chattering. When it comes to ducks and geese, their collective nouns depend on where they are in relation to the Earth. A group of ducks in flight is called a flock, but once they land on the ground their collective nouns change. We call them either a brace or a badling. If they take to water they could be called a raft, team or paddling. Whether geese are in the air, ground or on the water, we generally use the collective noun flock. However, in flight, they can be called a skein, too. Once they land, though, they can be a gaggle, herd or corps.

A team of ducks you say?

MD.jpg

Anyway... LOL I think my fave poultry dish is Peking duck. What's yours? 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I've gone to several supermarkets lately, and they're poultry-free.  Seems people are stockpiling TP and also poultry. 🙂

I've gone to several supermarkets lately, and they're poultry-free.  Seems people are stockpiling TP and also poultry. Smiley Happy

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

That means I'll have to have some wings tonight!  😛 

maratsade

One of the stores I went to had a single package of chicken left in an otherwise completely empty case. The package was wings. 🙂

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

One of the stores I went to had a single package of chicken left in an otherwise completely empty case. The package was wings. 🙂

That's funny.  

I wonder if anyone bought it.  I tend to leave last items right where they are and don't buy them.  Goofy, maybe, but I do.  

maratsade

I imagine someone might've, given the hoarding frenzy.