cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blizzard Warning...

Re: Blizzard Warning...

@Amanda wrote:

I'm a Texas native born and raised, we've got 'snow birds' too Smiley Happy We call them "Winter Texans" and they sure do make business boom!

I hope native Texans aren't as rare in Texas as native Floridians are here in Florida.  Of course we have another invasive species to deal with: the quarterback.  These are the people that move from up north to south Florida ( where the jobs are ), and then move a quarter of the way back to north Florida to retire.  Smiley Embarassed)> 

Professor

I researched dish heaters a couple of years ago and they didn't seem to be all that good. I use a soft brush to gently clean snow and ice from the dish, and it works very well.

MrBuster wrote:

On the topic of snow, has anyone tried out a satellite dish heater? Does it work better than sweeping the snow off with one of those fuzzy things?

Any snow birds with an opinion? :-)

Distinguished Professor II

@MrBuster wrote:

On the topic of snow, has anyone tried out a satellite dish heater? Does it work better than sweeping the snow off with one of those fuzzy things?

Any snow birds with an opinion? :-)

From what I've seen they can work, but are often too much of a hassle.  

Someone (BirdDog?) brought something up during a recent discussion on this, and that was regarding the idea of having electricity going to something outdoors, unprotected, and metal.  I don't relish the idea, personally.  

I do fine with a brush.  It can be a pain, but it is what it is.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit