Call to cancel get scammed into a new contract

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darrylyoung
New Poster

Call to cancel get scammed into a new contract

So I am waiting for my contract to end and I call to confirm the date - I talk to a nice lady and she says well why don’t you try the 50 plan and see if that doesn’t fix you problem
We can upgrade you and discount it for a year - I say well you can upgrade it but if that changes or makes a new contract then I’m not interested - she says oh we wouldni’t do that we can put you on a month to month contract
I tried the new plan and it was still too slow
So I called and cancelled for 5/23
So I get an email saying my new bill is coming
I call and ask if I’m still scheduled to cancel on 23rd
Man says yes
Next day I get a charge over $400 for cancellations fee- on a contract I did not agree to
Please check this in the recording on my calls
I’m livid - I believe they lied to me and kicked me into a year contract and stole my money
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Darrylyoung 

As alluded to by the description for this section, and the tag you had to choose in order to post in this section, this section is not for support. 

If you're looking for support, I suggest starting a new topic in the "myAccount and Billing" section.    

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU

@Darrylyoung 

As alluded to by the description for this section, and the tag you had to choose in order to post in this section, this section is not for support. 

If you're looking for support, I suggest starting a new topic in the "myAccount and Billing" section.    

I think he was just venting, I thought that I was on a month to month plan also.  I am not too thrilled with Hugh Net either, actually I don't like it at all!  I am venting and not asking for support.

maratsade

This is not a venting/whining/ranting community, it's a tech support community. If you need venting, please choose any of the gazillion places where the herd meets for their bleating sessions. This community is not it. 

serp1059 wrote:

I think he was just venting, I thought that I was on a month to month plan also.  I am not too thrilled with Hugh Net either, actually I don't like it at all!  I am venting and not asking for support.