Hughesnet Community

Data usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Wow! I actually made it through this month without running out of data The first time with Gen5. Of course, I've been getting up at 5:30 every morning to do a lot of my browsing

I guess I'll be doing this for a while. The sum of my anytime data and bonus bytes is still over 100% of the anytime data cap about a week before the the usage resets.

Some friends of mine, who are experiencing the same Gen5 data usage problems, gave up and went to a larger data plan.

Take that Hughes! Your evil plan has failed! You're not going to get an extra twenty dollars a month out of me! :<)>

Yes, I've done all of the tests recommended here, including using a glasswire like Linux program called iftop, I'm even running a spreadsheet on Hughes vs iftop. I've only run the spreadsheet for 4 days though. So far, the data seems inclusive.

OTOH, I haven't found a data leak either, and there's still that pesky data cap that was NEVER a problem pre-Gen5.

In the future, I'm going to be very wary about doing another Hughes upgrade, at least until I google around to see what problems people are having.

ACCIDENT, n. An inevitable occurrence due to the action of immutable natural laws.
The Devils Dictionary

0 REPLIES 0