FAT TUESDAY (Mardi Gras)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay

FAT TUESDAY (Mardi Gras)

Good morning everyone! 

Today is Fat Tuesday or as it's more commonly known, Mardis Gras (which is French for Fat Tuesday). Today is a day to feast and there are plenty of additional days to assist with that.

Image result for fat tuesday feast
It also happens to be National Pancake Day! IHOP restaurants started National Pancake Day back in 2006, which has raised over $30 Million for charities. If you have a local IHOP, be sure to go get your free pancakes and consider donating!

If Pancakes aren't your thing, then it's also Paczki Day which takes place the day before Ash Wednesday every year. 

Image result for paczki
You can even celebrate National Chocolate Covered Nut Day today or if you want something a bit more savory, National Clam Chowder Day!

I will be making a trip to IHOP today to get a big stack of pancakes. Do you have any plans for Mardis Gras or any fun Mardis Gras stories of years past?

-Jay

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Mardi Gras... New Orleans....BEIGNETS!

YUM

@maratsade YES! When I was at Disney World it was beignets every morning and mint juleps every night.

-Jay

maratsade

That is the life! My wife and I always have beignets when we visit New Orleans.  Those little doughnuts are SO good. We love mint juleps too.  I could sit on a veranda all day, consuming Southern food. 

Any suggestions other than Cafe Du Monde to get beignets in New Orleans? I hear there's always a long line... (Or is it not that bad?)

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Yes, there are several places. Cafe Beignet on Bourbon St has them ( they also have other locations), for example. 

@Liz wrote:

Any suggestions other than Cafe Du Monde to get beignets in New Orleans? I hear there's always a long line... (Or is it not that bad?)

-Liz

Noted. Thank you!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!