False advertisement of download speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryankkinney
Freshman

False advertisement of download speeds

I upgraded from Gen4 to Gen5 on 9/16/17. Immediately after the tech left I tried my new internet out to see all this speed, unfortunately Gen5 was way slower than Gen4 I had. After several days of speed testing it was discovered I was getting less than a megabyte download speed most of the time with small glimmers of speed in the 7megabyte range briefly. My internet is so slow that I can't even load pictures on Facebook let alone stream a small video. After 4.5 hours on the phone with customer service on 9/20 they escalated my case to the engineering department and promised within 48 hours that they would get back to me with a solution. I didn't recieve a call today, rather I called them and they advised it would possibly be another 24-48 hours. They refuse to send a tech out unless I pay $125.00 even though I have the repair plan. They refuse to admit the tech that installed my Gen5 most likely installed something incorrectly but will fix it if I PAY for HUGHESNET's MISTAKE. This is the poorest customer service I have ever seen. I would never reccommend this service to anyone because it's cheaper to go get dial up for the speeds you'll recieve.

17 REPLIES 17