Advanced Tutor

Flu & Pneumonia :(

Last Wednesday I got the flu, Monday I was diagnosed with pneumonia Smiley Sad

Feeling pretty beat up these days.

Bundle up my friends....

6 REPLIES 6
alfresco
Senior

I hear you.I actually got the flu this year and I usually never get sick. It came on all of a sudden, like one minute I was sitting there perfectly fine and then all of a sudden I was sick as a dog. Weird.

@alfresco

It's a particularily bad flu season this year, and like you mentioned, it literally hit me overnight too..no warning, at least none that I was aware off. I was hoping to avoid getting the flu this year as it usually turns into pneumonia...

Wishingful thinking on my part I guess..

My very first bout (and worst episode) of pneumnia was some 8 or so years back in which I was intubated for almost a week and hospitalized for two. With the exception of last year in which I didn't get sick at all, since that first bout of pneumonia, it's been a yearly occurence.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@alfresco, it was the same for me earlier this year, while on a trip.  I was fine, and 5 minutes later, wham.  I spent a week quarantined in a hotel room, having meetings over Skype, feeling very ill. Someone at the hotel told me some ERs around the country were actually closed for everything except major stuff because they were overrun with flu patients. It's been a pretty scary season.

maratsade

Hoping you're feeling better, @bare65

MarkJFine
Professor

I haven't been 'needed a doctor' sick since 2004. The wife came home with it on Friday and decided to share the wealth.

Started getting the chills on Sunday. Fever on Monday/Tuesday. Low grade fever on Wednesday.

But now taking some sulfa concoction for a possible UTI.

Have already dropped five pounds in water weight, which for me means: dehydration.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@bare65

I feel for you.

I've been lucky enough to not have had the flu since the winter of '83/'84, when I was in sixth grade, though I have no doubt it will catch me one of these days.  I was out of school on Friday, then all through the next week, and then went back to school the following Tuesday.  Eleven days total.  Ugh.