Hughesnet Community

For anyone else that may be comparing their HN data usage to their 3rd party router data usage....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

For anyone else that may be comparing their HN data usage to their 3rd party router data usage....

Since my data reset at 12:00AM on Feb 5th, I've been running everything through my Netgear router.  

Here is the comparison, side by side (click to enlarge)....

Screenshot (103).png

HughesNet's total data usage is 16,759MB, while the router's is 15,595MB.  So, while 1,164MB isn't a huge difference, it is a difference.  Has anyone else noticed this?   

BTW, I'm posting this here, rather than tech support, due to the fact that the difference isn't that much, and also that I have no way of verifying that either source is perfectly accurate, or even which is MORE accurate. 

Further, this isn't a "HughesNet is stealing my data thread", a "Gen5 uses more data than Gen4 thread", or any other complaint thread, so please don't post those replies.  This is ONLY concerning direct data comparisons and/or the discussion of such.   

In addition, at present I have no way of knowing how accurate my Netgear router is, so I don't want anyone to get the idea that I'm saying with any certainty that my data usage tally by HughesNet is incorrect.  It may very well be that the HughesNet tally is correct and my Netgear tally isn't.  This thread is more for knowledge and a little bit of fun than for anything else.  If anyone else wants to add their comparisons, please feel free, but again, this isn't a tech support thread and is only for study and fun.    

14 REPLIES 14