Memorial Day

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Memorial Day

I know it's not Memorial Day yet, but people celebrate for the entire weekend, so have a good Memorial Day, folks.  

Please don't forget the reason for this holiday, and keep all of those soldiers who died while serving in our military in your thoughts.  

Memorial Day.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade

Hear hear.   And a big thank you to all who have served.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I feel like a non-player compared to those who payed the ultimate price. This day is about them. I wish their families peace and the utmost thanks.

GabeU

@BirdDog wrote:

I feel like a non-player compared to those who payed the ultimate price. This day is about them. I wish their families peace and the utmost thanks.

But you did serve, and you, and those others who did the same, are honored on Veterans Day.  The fact that you did serve is something you should be proud of, as should it be for anyone who served.  

I tried to serve, but my back had issues, and I got a Med 200 discharge after 12 weeks of my 14 weeks of training (tankers had basic and AIT combined, rather than having them separate, like for most MOSs).  I knew before I enlisted that I had some back problems, but I didn't know they were as bad as they were, and that training really brought it out, that's for sure.  

maratsade

Don't minimize your part in it, BirdDog.  The day is about all of you.

@BirdDog wrote:

GabeU

I subsequently realized how inappropriate it was to say "Happy" Memorial Day, so I changed the title of this thread. 

I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone with my incredible shortsightedness concerning such a very important and somber day.    

Gabe,

Thank you for posting this. Let us also not forget that May 28th marked the 100th anniversary of the first major American offensive during World War I. This year holds many 100th anniversaries for World War I.

Amanda