Hughesnet Community

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

March, 17th is, of course, Saint Patrick's Day! Do you celebrate, or at least, observe St. Patrick's Day? If so, how do you? Do you wear green , eat a meal of corned beef and cabbage, enjoy a parade or two? Let us know some of your Saint Patrick's Day traditions or an interesting story from Saint Patrick's Days past.

I'll start!

When I was a kid at home, me and my brothers loved reading Dr. Seuss stories, so our parents started a tradition of cooking up Green Eggs and Ham every Saint Patrick's Day. It was the best to wake up to some freshly fried Green Eggs and Ham before school on St. Patrick's Day and then forgetting to wear green to endure pinches all day from my classmates.

Image result for green eggs and ham
-Jay

13 REPLIES 13
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm English, so I've never observed this holiday. 🙂  But I'm fine with a green pint. 

Cheers! 

I thought St. Patrick's Day was cancelled... I ran in green anyway.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Speaking of running, a run I signed up for got canceled. 😞 They're looking at other options... hopefully they do a virtual run.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

I'm awesome at virtual runs. I can run 25k miles like nothing. As long as it's virtual. 😉

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz wrote:

Speaking of running, a run I signed up for got canceled. 😞 They're looking at other options... hopefully they do a virtual run.

Yeah, I think I'm going to be stuck on the treadmill for the foreseeable future, even though the weather is starting to get real nice. Makes it all the more painful.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Yeah, so tempting... 😞

-Liz

maratsade

You can't run outside even if you keep your distance from other runners?

There's usually people in the place where I'd go to jog... I'd rather not be around anyone for a while lol

-Liz

Just don't want to take the chance of being stopped to talk, or whatever.

Plus there's that thing that I get used to running on treadmills all thru the winter and hate to make the change to terrain.

The opposite is true when the cold weather starts in early Winter.

Guess I just don't like change.

Liz

AWWWW! That is the cutest tradition, Jay! In grade school (and I guess a couple times in college) I did try to remember to wear green. Now, not so much.

Hahaha green beer, I don't think I've ever had that on St. Patrick's. I should put that on my to do list.

OH! I just remembered, I happened to be in Chicago on the weekend of St. Paddy's Day celebrations, and I got to see them dye the Chicago River green!  It was pretty cool. It was also FREEZING that day. Yet... I still accepted a free green Slurpee someone was handing out in front of a 7-Eleven...

-Liz

GabeU

I ate a pickle earlier.  That's about the extent of my green-ness today.  😛 

maratsade

@GabeU wrote:

I ate a pickle earlier.  That's about the extent of my green-ness today.  😛 

LOL