Here we go again...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Here we go again...

For the last month and a half or so my speeds have been great.  Much better than they previously had been, and even during the peak hours they were great.  My modem updates last night and now this...

Sh5vE9Foc.png

YfzqheaOU.png

V752DjHRC.png

After months of slower speeds and then finally going back up to being great, I really hope that this evening is just a fluke.  😞  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU

Well, it looks like it may have just been something temporary, as my speeds have been decent since those few bad ones.  

Next time I should wait a bit longer before getting worried. 

SMHSMH

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
GabeU

And it gets even better.  This is after a power cycle...

xIUGgmPqQ.png

bare65
Advanced Tutor

@GabeU

To troubleshoot your issue, please start a new post in the Tech Support forum. Thank you!

smartass-300x249.jpg

LOL! Sorry...I couldn't resist Smiley Tongue

GabeU

@bare65wrote:

@GabeU

To troubleshoot your issue, please start a new post in the Tech Support forum. Thank you!

smartass-300x249.jpg

LOL! Sorry...I couldn't resist Smiley Tongue

giphy (2).gif

GabeU

@bare65

I was looking for a funnier gif for my reply, and although this one really doesn't apply, I couldn't stop laughing.  😛  

giphy.gif

GabeU

Well, my signal strength had gone down to 90, from it being at 115 earlier, and now it's up to 130, which is the highest I've ever seen it, by far.  My speed is also back up.  

There was heavy rain in Roseburg, OR, where my gateway is, which would explain the signal strength drop, but the speed started dropping a couple of hours before the rain ever hit.  I checked the weather there when I first noticed the speed dropping.  

Anyway, here's my most recent speed test...

UwkCgY2So.png

Capture.JPG

lucky you we are at around 3.8 and can't watch anything.  We've called the tech out twice now and it's not better

GabeU

@hotrod1231972wrote:

lucky you we are at around 3.8 and can't watch anything.  We've called the tech out twice now and it's not better

If you'd like to have your issue(s) addressed, please start a new topic in Tech Support, and one that actually explains the problem(s) instead of just "nothing."  

GabeU

Update:

Right now my speed is very good, and has been so throughout the night.  My signal strength is back down to about 103.  I can't figure that one out.  Early yesterday (3/22) morning my modem had a fit again, going down again.  After a while I power cycled it, and when it came back up it was still throwing a hissy fit, but it became normal again after about fifteen minutes.  

Anyway, I'm going to keep my eye on it.  Well, not literally, as that would probably hurt.  I'll keep watching it.  😛  

lSgIGVJKR.png

Oh, and an odd thing, though it might be more appropriate to discuss it on the already established thread concerning this issue.  I was having problems last night watching Youtube videos in 360p and 480p, even with the VDS off.  They were buffering considerably.  But, when I would watch them in 720p or 1080p, again with the VDS off, they worked perfectly.  In fact, one was about four minutes long, and when watching it in 1080p the entire video was loaded before I had watched 30 seconds of it.  I refreshed the page and tried to watch it in 360p...buffering.  SMH.  Go figure.  No, really, go figure!  😛 😛 😛 

GabeU

Well, it looks like it may have just been something temporary, as my speeds have been decent since those few bad ones.  

Next time I should wait a bit longer before getting worried. 

SMHSMH

GabeU

Wow.  Rarely do I see a test result so "untouched" by any congestion, even in the middle of the night.  A nearly perfect, straight line.  

Capture.JPG

GabeU

And though I posted a picture similar to this in another thread a while back, TMN makes it easy to see the Sept-Feb slowdown.  And you can see those few recent slow tests toward the end, where it dips really low.  😛  

Capture.JPG

maratsade

That's what happens when bandwidth hogs get off your beam. LOL

@GabeUwrote:

Wow.  Rarely do I see a test result so "untouched" by any congestion, even in the middle of the night.  A nearly perfect, straight line.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@GabeUwrote:

Capture.JPG

I'll see that result and raise you a line.  Smiley Tongue

Capture.PNG

GabeU

Sheesh, that thing's straight as an arrow! Gotta love that wide open bandwidth. 🙂