Horrible Service and even worse customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leegraves15
Observer

Horrible Service and even worse customer service

How has this company stayed on business, I have NEVER had so many issues with company in such a short amount of time (less than 2 months) this internet service is basically useless, have to disconnect cell phones from wifi as soon as we get home, have to use the hotspot on our phones to be able to take care of any business that requires the internet from our laptops. We have a smart home with Alexa, Ring Security, smart Sprinkler controller, smart Garage Door opener, etc. The rep at hughesnet stated that we have to many devices and would need to disconnect them!! WHAT!?!? This is not acceptable, we have next door neighbors that use a competitor, they have 3 kids, same smart home devices that we do and they have zero issues. Trying to cancel this useless service, but hughesnet will not listen to our concerns, all they keep saying is "you are more than welcome to cancel and pay us the $395.00 early termination fee" REALLY!?!? Force us to pay ETF when they can't provide us what we need. I am mind blown! I've had to put a block on my credit card so they dont continue to charge us, we will not pay our hard earned money for this kind of crappy service!
9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Satellite internet wouldn't work well with a smart home because the satellite's broadband must be rationed amongst the users, so there isn't a lot to go around, plus there's the issue of latency which I imagine has an impact too.  If your neighbour is doing fine with the competitor, you may have to switch.  ETFs are normal for ISPs; they're not just a Hughesnet thing. 

Since you've had your service for such a short time, you may want to hop over to myAccount and Billing  or Tech Support and create a new ticket there -- ask for a sales call review. The Hughesnet staff will be able to pull your sales call, if available, to determine whether proper expectations were set during the call, and this may affect how much ETF you need to pay.

The Hughesnet reps are normally not here on weekends, so it may be Monday or Tuesday before your issue is addressed. 

beateo
New Poster

I'd terminate the service and tell them to shove their bill somewhere!  What did I get myself in to here??

GabeU

@beateo wrote:

I'd terminate the service and tell them to shove their bill somewhere!  What did I get myself in to here??

Which will do wonders for your credit, just like it will for the OP if they don't take maratsade's advice and address the issue in a way that doesn't do so.

You're right of course..... Poor service sets me off and I forget not everyone is old enough not to care about credit.  lol

poe

We purchased service for additional bandwidth for DISH Hopper. Could not even use voice control remote without using max monthly bandwidth. We had 30 gig and it only lasted 15 days each month. After that service was so slow. Worst service ever.

GabeU

@poe wrote:

We purchased service for additional bandwidth for DISH Hopper. Could not even use voice control remote without using max monthly bandwidth. We had 30 gig and it only lasted 15 days each month. After that service was so slow. Worst service ever.

HughesNet recommends against connecting a satellite TV receiver due to the amount of data the receiver can use, even when you aren't watching anything On Demand.  I hadn't even considered the voice remote using bandwidth, but it appears, from your experience, to be another data drain when it comes to satellite TV receivers.  😞

TRH
Freshman

I am in the same situation, but do not have all the extra gadgets you do, so don't let them tell you that is what the issue is.  All I have is my phone and computer.  I tried using the fire stick but that ended quickly.  I have never since day one had internet service and have been paying them for 4 mths.  I also am putting a block on my card, and refused to pay another dime for service I can not use.  The don't like you to put the Triple B, saying you are going to put a complaint in with them, but I wll be doing so very soon, unless I hear they are waving the early termination fee.  If they do charge me the early termination fee I will be reporting complaint to B.B.B. and and other complaint service I can fine. I will also be checking into legal steps.  I am reviewing all complaints on here to see how many have been having the same issues I have, and being charged for services they can not use.

I will not be bullied by threating my credit report, as it appears there are enough people having the same issues and being charged for services that they are not getting that something can be done. At this point I am only fighting for myself.  I hope to hear from them in the next day or two at the lastest to see that they are going to wave this fee, cancell my service and give me the information to send their equipment.

I suggest you do not not fighting this, and go with a better company.

maratsade

"The don't like you to put the Triple B, saying you are going to put a complaint in with them, but I wll be doing so very soon, unless I hear they are waving the early termination fee. "

There is absolutely no reason for Hughesnet to be upset when customers contact the agency you mention. It's just an intermediary agency that connects them with customers in a much slower way than here, where customers can be connected directly and get answers right away.  Also, the agency you mention gives them an A+ rating. 

Blocking your card? Charming.  Enjoy collections. 

Amanda

Good morning,

Just a reminder that the General Discussion category is not meant for support. If you have a concern please post in the appropriate category and we'll work with you one on one. 

Thank you,

Amanda