cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Upload Speed, Week 3

Assistant Professor

Re: Horrible Upload Speed, Week 3

Sorry you thought I was attacking you. Never mind that we're being assaulted with hollow complaints.

Suggest you look up 'kvetch' if that bothered you.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

Kvetch is a great word....Yiddish is so colourful.

Professor

"I'm wondering how much your lawyer will charge for telling you that you are bound to arbitration, which you agreed to. "

No serious member of the bar would take the case .

@GabeU wrote:

@kurtis42501 wrote:

Hughes Net in general is terrible. I am so glad my 2 years are up and there are finally other services. I have never been able to watch any thing in HD. It keeps stopping and loading. I called to cancel my services, they told me that I had to retrive my radio transmitter from my roof. My lawyer is going to have fun with this one Smiley Happy Sorry to tell you the best thing you can do is find another provider, plain and simple.

Did you bother toggling the Video Data Saver? 

I'm wondering how much your lawyer will charge for telling you that you are bound to arbitration, which you agreed to.  

If you'd like help with your issue you should start a new topic, and I suggest taking a different approach if you do.  

Professor

"Did you bother toggling the Video Data Saver? "

@GabeU, this is neither here nor there, but I personally see no difference when I have toggled the VDS.  Then again, my connection is rather wonky and eccentric.

Distinguished Professor III

@maratsade wrote:

"Did you bother toggling the Video Data Saver? "

@GabeU, this is neither here nor there, but I personally see no difference when I have toggled the VDS.  Then again, my connection is rather wonky and eccentric.

Yeah, if it's already wonky, it's probably not going to make much of a difference.  LOL.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

@GabeU wrote:

Yeah, if it's already wonky, it's probably not going to make much of a difference.  LOL.  

Well, that would explain it, then! LOL

@maratsade

(From the question in the other thread) - My speeds are still quite good, but not as steady as they used to be.  I'm more affected now during peak usage periods, though not usually too badly.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

I'm back to the way it used to be when they first installed Gen 5.  Noticeable latency and odd speed dips (and not just during the evenings).  And I don't get the high speeds others get (hovering between 17 and 20 Mbps, down to under 10Mbps, sometimes less, at peak times).  Gen 4 was more stable for me -- I imagine Gen 5 will get there.

@maratsade wrote:

I'm back to the way it used to be when they first installed Gen 5.  Noticeable latency and odd speed dips (and not just during the evenings).  Gen 4 was more stable for me -- I imagine Gen 5 will get there.

It was the complete opposite for me.  When I got Gen5 it was full speed ahead, with absolutely no slowdowns to speak of, no matter the time of day.  I do remember yours having some issues, though, which was very odd.  

Professor

@GabeU wrote:

I do remember yours having some issues, though, which was very odd.  

I'm not happy unless I'm an outlier. Smiley Happy