Horrible Upload Speed, Week 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisVZ
Sophomore

Horrible Upload Speed, Week 3

Not looking for tech support, just an informational post.

I've seen tons of posts lately about poor performance of the network.  You are not alone.  For 3 weeks now I have also been having issues.  It started with a complete outage of service with an error stating that there was no upload link.  When service was restored, I was getting latency that spiked into the 7+ second range, and numerous speed tests from 3rd party sites showed that I was getting an upload speed of 0.1mbps.  Finally got around to running Hughes' test today and while the numbers were better, still far from where they should be.

Test #1 - 29.782 Down, 0.291 Up

Test #2 - 29.706 Down, 0.379 Up

Test #3 - 30.019 Down, 0.47s Up

Download speeds were well above the package I have, but uploads would start fine then hang at 60-80% (on a 1MB file). I believe these hang-ups are responsible for my extremely high latency, and most likely others as well. 

21 REPLIES 21
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@petroman1010

If you'd like to try to troubleshoot your issue(s), it would be best for your to start a new topic, which you can do by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while in the Tech Support section.  This will keep your issue separate from the OP's and this thread.    

As for other providers, you have Google.  This is a support site for HughesNet.