Hughesnet Community

Hughesnet YouTube Video Throttling

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beathoven

Hughesnet YouTube Video Throttling

YouTube is consistently throttled by Hughesnet disregarding any account setting turning off video throttling. This is easy to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt by testing data rates from other sources and testing the YT videos through other providers. On a Monday morning with high data rate speed tests, I couldn't watch ANY YT videos at even 144p, the lowliest pathetic video res.

6 REPLIES 6
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Never will understand why people keep posting Tech Support related issues in General Discussion... 😕

That aside, Hughesnet isn't throttling Youtube, if you can prove with out a doubt, please provide your evidence, and not just words.  By the way, when streaming, youtube isn't constantly sending you data, they send small short bursts at a few Mbps.  Doesn't take much to stream 720p ya know.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may be experiencing another issue, such as running out of data, or computer/router settings. Hughesnet doesn't throttle it at all. 

This board is not for tech issues. Please post on the tech help board so your post will be seen by Hughesnet staff. 

markpierce
Freshman

To  bad  for  me,  becuase  the  majority  of  using  Hughesnet  is  on  You Tube..       

@Beathoven wrote:

YouTube is consistently throttled by Hughesnet disregarding any account setting turning off video throttling. This is easy to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt by testing data rates from other sources and testing the YT videos through other providers. On a Monday morning with high data rate speed tests, I couldn't watch ANY YT videos at even 144p, the lowliest pathetic video res.

." Take   Heed "  for  all  of  you  out  there  considering  installing  Hughesnet,  you  have  been  warned...

Hello markpierce,

I would like to address your concerns with Youtube. If you could, please create a new post under our Tech Support Board. Thanks!

*Felicia*

maratsade

" Take   Heed "  for  all  of  you  out  there  considering  installing  Hughesnet,  you  have  been  warned...

Warned of what? That one person is having YouTube issues?  The service works fine for a large percentage of the subscribers. 

Got issues? Work with the admins here and solve them. The whining and dire warnings are not helpful to you or anyone else, nor will they fix your network. 

maratsade

Additionally, the silliness you are quoting (YouTube is consistently throttled by Hughesnet disregarding any account setting turning off video throttling) is absurd.