Hughesnet Community

I think I know what to do about Slow Speeds . . .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ageofpiece
Freshman

I think I know what to do about Slow Speeds . . .

Definitely been having some issues with slow speed during certain times of the day. I live in the mountains of Colorado and I’m used to around 1mbps with my standard non satellite service. Below that is not acceptable. My modem is new, my dish is unobstructed, and I have remaining data. Also the weather is clear. If you’re facing slow internet with all the same variables do what I did! Call the support line 866 347 3292. If you can’t bother with a robot like me, immediately start saying “Technical Support” in a clear voice until it recognizes the command. It will give you a list of prompts and you can say “slow internet”. Then they connect you to some poor person who has to bare the frustration of someone who is having their internet throttled. Please be kind,Be patient with them, answer their questions and watch your internet speed return to a sub optimal speed. I suspect that the bandwidth Hughes net can afford to offer its customers can’t possibly be 25mbps to all customers simultaneously. I assume this is a infrastructure issue on their end. But if you’re a thorn in their side they will help. I found their customer service to be adequate if you know how to navigate it. Hope this helps.
19 REPLIES 19