Hughesnet Community

Is Illiteracy the norm for your survey??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StellaS119
New Poster

Is Illiteracy the norm for your survey??

I am in general very satisfied with everything about HughesNet, the speeds, the service, the free equipment upgrade, call response time, picture quality and download times now that I have a smart tv, etc.  I recently got the tv and called up to see about expanding my bandwith and for just 10 bucks more was able to double it.  The person who handled my call was great and took care of things in minutes. 

My problem - the survey.  THIS NONSENSE was the first question: 

Do you remember contacting HughesNet Customer Support on when case was created?

^^^^

THAT is copied and pasted right from the screen.  It makes absolutely NO sense, has not one bit of comprehensible grammar and ended my plan to give you guys a great review.  I realize that many things are handled overseas and there are language issues... but please, Hughes Net, are you so cheap that you can't have ONE person in charge of seeing if your survey was written in a way that is comprehensible to someone with a third grade education??? 

Please have someone proofread this who is literate in very basic ENGLISH.

PATHETIC. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hi all, just a quick update. The issue of missing words/information in some surveys should be resolved now 🙂

Thanks

Amanda

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Please have someone teach you some very basic manners.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@maratsade wrote:

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

WOW. Talk about double standards.

@maratsade wrote:

Feeling rather testy today?  :>)>

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and also a stealth want to be HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own, but I try to stand up for HughesNet in every way.

@StellaS119 wrote:

My problem - the survey.  THIS NONSENSE was the first question: 

Do you remember contacting HughesNet Customer Support on when case was created?

^^^^

Perhaps I'm illiterate also, but I don't see anything wrong with the grammer.  One could argue that the word "the" should be before the word "case".  It also makes perfect sense to me, and only requires a yes or no answer.   A rather silly question though, unless the purpose of the survey  is to find out how many of your customers have dementia.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
William Shakespeare

Amanda

Hi Stella,

Thank you for your feedback. I will make sure we find and fix the error promptly.

Thank you,

Amanda

Much ado...

As someone that has edited other's work for a long time, it's an obvious typo that commonly comes from writing one thing, then quickly changing it to something else. There were likely words between 'on' and 'when' (something like 'the day') and 'on' was never removed with the other words.

For all the things that people complain about on here, this has to be the most petty.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

Much ado...

As someone that has edited other's work for a long time, it's an obvious typo that commonly comes from writing one thing, then quickly changing it to something else. There were likely words between 'on' and 'when' (something like 'the day') and 'on' was never removed with the other words.

For all the things that people complain about on here, this has to be the most petty.

My modum totalies agreez!

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

This thread show hows quickly we are willing to point out other people's mistakes. Maybe it is time everyone just  CHILL.

JMO

@Reggie wrote:

This thread show hows quickly we are willing to point out other people's mistakes. Maybe it is time everyone just  CHILL.

I agree. Make one typo or the wrong statement on social media and there'll be tons of people right there to 'correct' you. Gives them a false sense of self-worth.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Amanda

Hi Stella,

Just spoke with our analyst and it was found that this is actually a mistake in the automated code which is supposed to insert the case date, which is why that question appears incomplete. We are investigating now.

Thanks,

Amanda

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I'm not sure if I have this right, so don't shoot me for the error.

"To error is human, it takes  computer to truely screw up."

Me thinks this might apply to yhis thread.  LOL

@Reggie wrote:

Me thinks this might apply to yhis thread.  LOL

LOL  Me?  I mever nake mistakes..

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@StellaS119 

Far be it from me to critique someone's writing skills, but if I were to do so I would make darn sure that my own post had no errors, lest I look a little silly for that critique.

Amanda

Hi all, just a quick update. The issue of missing words/information in some surveys should be resolved now 🙂

Thanks

Amanda