cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not a great picture, but...

Highlighted

Re: It's not a great picture, but...

@bare65 - yes but I know the owner of that vehicle so I told him to check around and under his car before taking off today  that day. Though I think this little guy is a seasoned veteran of our parking lot. I am pretty sure I saw him about 2 years ago scurrying across the sidewalk.

His name is Alvin and he's addicted to Armour-All.

Yes... here he is hard at work on his weekend project...

mechanicjpg.jpg

(from http://thedailymini.com/daily-mini-interview-miniature-sets-friendchips-photography-christie-pierce/)

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Speaking of tortoises, found this guy hiding underneath some moss once:Turtle.jpg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Senior

@maratsade

We used to say that to doodle bugs.   LOL   Do you know what those are?  They sure are ugly.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=doodlebug&qpvt=doodle+bug&FORM=IGRE

@GabeU

Love  your pictures.  I live in the country too.  We get the deer coming in the yard and watch them and I get a few ugly things too.  More than I cared to get.  Well I could not find the photo I had of the 81 inch rat snake  LOL  I killed 2 that size and 2 half that size in 2 days.  All together I have killed 6 copperheads in the chicken house at night.  Almost stepped on one.  Sheesh!

Val

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

@val_t, I haven't a clue what doodlebugs are...I checked Google and got this.  Is that a doodlebug?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

@bare65,  I didn't know any of that, so now I'll be extra careful -- It's quite amazing they store water in their bladder to use to stay hydrated -- we humans can't do that at all, that stuff just wants to come out!

"You have to be extremely careful though when moving a desert tortoise. Don't life it too high and always keep the tortoise level.

Believe it or not, tortoise actually store water in their bladder...thus the reason they can travel great distances without stopping for water....BUT, if you go picking up a tortoise suddenly and scare it, it will pee and lose all of that precious water it has stored for it's travels. That is almost certainly a death sentence if the tortoise cannot find a suitable water source nearby to replace the loss."

Highlighted
Associate Professor

The ones I saw looked like something Kahn put in Chekov's ear.

Image result for doodle bugs

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Senior

@maratsade wrote:

@val_t, I haven't a clue what doodlebugs are...I checked Google and got this.  Is that a doodlebug?

no that is a roly poly or sow bug .... not sure if that is the scientific name LOL 

I put a link on that post.  was looking for another pic to add when you posted.

Val

Highlighted
Senior

@MarkJFine wrote:

The ones I saw looked like something Kahn put in Chekov's ear.

Image result for doodle bugs

There  you go that is a doodle bug

Highlighted

Well, I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway

Highlighted
Senior

If it helps any Amanda,  That picture is a gazillion times bigger than what one is  Smiley Happy  

Val