Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's so quiet...

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: It's so quiet...

@maratsadewrote:

These ARE actually the ones I get every winter -- they come in, congragate in corners, and slowly die off, though I guess some go out in the spring.  

Mine couldn't die off quickly enough.  LOL.  And there're always more.  Smiley Sad  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Oh yes. I think they come in to reproduce, so we'll always get more.  I read somewhere that once they get into a home, they always come back. 

Highlighted

@maratsadewrote:

I read somewhere that once they get into a home, they always come back.

giphy (1).gif

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

In the meantime, in the Sweetpea household, we just hatched a mantis ootheca and have a jar of fruit flies to feed the two surviving nymphs, lol.

While Gabe hopes to eradicate his home of pests, we invite them in, lol!
Highlighted

Ask Gabe to supply you with ladybirds -- he's a dealer.  LOL

Highlighted

@Sweetpea3829wrote:
In the meantime, in the Sweetpea household, we just hatched a mantis ootheca and have a jar of fruit flies to feed the two surviving nymphs, lol.

That's cool.  You've got to post some pics!   

Highlighted

Lol, when they are big enough to eat ladybirds, I'll have Gabe send me some of his stock😂😂😂

Gabe, I promise to post pics if they get large enough, lol. Every single one died within hours of hatching, except two.

They are cool, though. We usually have hundreds of nymphs in our field.
Highlighted

@GabeU, I thought you might be interested in this document about how to build a trap for Asian lady beetles:  https://www.ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFiles/oc/br/lbeetle/001030.trap.pdf

Highlighted

"We usually have hundreds of nymphs in our field. "

Do they look anything like this?

nymph.jpg

Highlighted

@maratsade

I appreciate the info.  Looks interesting.