cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency Or Satellite Shortcomings?

Freshman

Re: Additional info about latency

Finally, a suggestion worthy of investigation. Thank you.
Charles Benjamin Lucas
Distinguished Professor I

Very likely.  

@GabeU wrote:

The timeouts may very well be due to Century Link, which has issues all over the place.  

Distinguished Professor IV

@Cblucas3 

Your'e welcome.  

Unfortunately, what you're going to find is that HughesNet can't really do anything about Century Link issues.  Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that HughesNet reports the issues, just like all providers, but it seems that the problems are getting more profound as time goes on, and for a lot of people, not just HughesNet customers.

Century Link is just bad news.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Freshman

Got off the phone with Corporate Executive Care. I reported th slander and accusations when I was just trying to sound my thoughts on why. The fellow asked me if the modem was near anything that can interfere. Wow, so simple and I didn't consider it so I don't blame you guys either. My medical monitoring device was apparently interfering with it. It operates via cellular network. I moved it, ran a trace and ping and no timeouts and no extreme latency.

Next time "Professors" offer suggestions instead of belittling a person.IMG_20191206_163851_01.jpg

Charles Benjamin Lucas
Assistant Professor

And thank you for literally wasting everybody's time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@Cblucas3 wrote: 

Next time "Professors" offer suggestions instead of belittling a person.

You mean like this?  

"If you don't have an ethernet cable do it via WiFi, but be aware that, if your WiFi connection is weak, it can cause the results to be highly inaccurate."

That includes interference.  So get off your high horse.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

My apologies. I did not equate weak signal with interference. Throughout all this I was always getting a strong signal (5 bars) using various tools to check it with. Corporate suggested that although I was getting a strong signal it was being scrambled, hence interference. So I missed the shuttle suggestion you had implanted somewhere in your post. After reading this and doing the trace via WiFi I checked for signal strength but missed your instructions on interference. Once again my apologies. I've gone through the posts and still can't find any mention of interference, just signal strength which was above nominal.
Charles Benjamin Lucas

@Cblucas3 wrote:
So I missed the shuttle suggestion you had implanted somewhere in your post.  

There was no "subtle suggestion implanted somewhere" in my post.  A "weak signal" normally refers to intensity, but it's not the only thing it refers to.   

Good day to you.