Let's Go Go get some FroYo

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

Let's Go Go get some FroYo

frozen-yogurt-01.jpg

As you've guessed from the title, it's National Frozen Yogurt Day!

I used to frequent this one froyo place near my old apartment, and I swear every time I went there was a John Mayer song playing. Now when I go to any other froyo joint and DON'T hear John Mayer, things feel off... but not for too long because I'd soon have froyo in my hands.

What's your fave combo? I either go all fruity, like strawberry froyo topped with assorted fruits, or decadent with candy bits on something like a salted caramel froyo. In any case, mochi bits are a necessity. I talked to one froyo shop employee on a slow day and learned that sometimes kids would forgo the froyo and just load up their cup with candy. LOL

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

15 REPLIES 15
Amanda

FroYo always reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld where they think they're eating fat-free froyo but each end up gaining a bunch of weight!!

I like fudgy brownie bits on vanilla bean the best! 🙂

@Amanda wrote:

FroYo always reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld where they think they're eating fat-free froyo but each end up gaining a bunch of weight!!

Related: Curb Your Enthusiasm's Pinkberry's episodes (it's a west coast thing)

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Curb Your Enthusiasm as a whole is pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

-Jay

It seems like there are so many froyo places that I don't realize which ones are local or not. There's only one Pinkberry and it's in BWI, hah. Honestly they all seem the same to me, and if they have mochi, I'm good.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

There are Pinkberries on the East Coast too...

@MarkJFine wrote:

Related: Curb Your Enthusiasm's Pinkberry's episodes (it's a west coast thing)

“ There are Pinkberries on the East Coast too...”

Must be fairly recent. I used to go to LA (mostly SaMo) when my daughter lived out there (pre-‘12-ish). Pinkberry’s were all over the place there, but had not seen any in the NoVa area. Certainly not anywhere between Warrenton and Charlottesville.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

There are several in NYC, I think one somewhere in NJ, one in Baltimore, and in VA there used to be stores in Gainsville, McLean, DC,  and Arlington. Those are all closed, though, not sure why. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Must be fairly recent. I used to go to LA (mostly SaMo) when my daughter lived out there (pre-‘12-ish). Pinkberry’s were all over the place there, but had not seen any in the NoVa area. Certainly not anywhere between Warrenton and Charlottesville.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

There are several in NYC, I think one somewhere in NJ, one in Baltimore, and in VA there used to be stores in Gainsville, McLean, DC,  and Arlington. Those are all closed, though, not sure why.  

Gainesville?  There was a Pinkberry in Gainesville?  Sheesh!!!  Things sure have changed since I lived in NOVA.  When I left about the newest thing in Gainesville was the McDonald's, tough they were just starting to build it up more.  I know that now it's much different than it was.  A new bedroom community, as well as some shopping.  

And to think they were worried about traffic from Disney's America!  J/K.  I know it's not that bad.... yet.

I miss Manassas.  😞 

maratsade

You shouldn't have left, dude. 🙂

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

You shouldn't have left, dude. 🙂

I wish I hadn't, but I didn't have much of a choice at the time.  😞  

Oh... you haven't seen Gainesville in quite a looooong time.

Atlas is long gone and the entire facility has been razed and replaced by a massive, massive shopping area.

There's even a cheeky Nando's in there.

GabeU

I've looked on satellite views of the area and Gainesville is definitely built up.  Haymarket, as well.  

Haymarket is probably a mere fraction of what it would have been had Disney gotten their way and put the "America" theme park there. As bad as the infrastructure was back in the 90s (and the disaster I66 still is), can you imagine what that would have done to the area?

GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

Haymarket is probably a mere fraction of what it would have been had Disney gotten their way and put the "America" theme park there. As bad as the infrastructure was back in the 90s (and the disaster I66 still is), can you imagine what that would have done to the area?

It would have been a nightmare.  I'm glad they didn't do it, that's for sure.  Both for the traffic and the loss of the peace and quiet of the particular area they were going to build it.  That area has a lot of wide open space, and a theme park smack dab in the middle of it would have been awful.  

GabeU

Eh, I have to bow out of this one.  I'll stick with my ice cream.  😛