Re: Let's Go Go get some FroYo

You shouldn't have left, dude. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

You shouldn't have left, dude. Smiley Happy

I wish I hadn't, but I didn't have much of a choice at the time.  Smiley Sad  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Oh... you haven't seen Gainesville in quite a looooong time.

Atlas is long gone and the entire facility has been razed and replaced by a massive, massive shopping area.

There's even a cheeky Nando's in there.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

I've looked on satellite views of the area and Gainesville is definitely built up.  Haymarket, as well.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Haymarket is probably a mere fraction of what it would have been had Disney gotten their way and put the "America" theme park there. As bad as the infrastructure was back in the 90s (and the disaster I66 still is), can you imagine what that would have done to the area?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

@MarkJFine wrote:

Haymarket is probably a mere fraction of what it would have been had Disney gotten their way and put the "America" theme park there. As bad as the infrastructure was back in the 90s (and the disaster I66 still is), can you imagine what that would have done to the area?

It would have been a nightmare.  I'm glad they didn't do it, that's for sure.  Both for the traffic and the loss of the peace and quiet of the particular area they were going to build it.  That area has a lot of wide open space, and a theme park smack dab in the middle of it would have been awful.