cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Macro Test

Test...

Please perform the following test outlined in the graphic below. This is known as a modem isolation test, and it will help to determine whether the issue is with Hughesnet or your local network..

photo P2hSeDN.jpg

1: Disabled the WiFi in the HT2000W modem.
2: Take a screen capture of the Status Meter.
3: Disconnect the LAN cable from the modem.
4: Note the date and time of the disconnect; it is best when doing step two to also capture the time displayed on your screen.
5: Leave the LAN cable disconnected from the modem for several hours, HughesNet recommends doing this overnight, or during the day while at work.
6: Reconnect the LAN cable to the modem.
7: Take a screen capture of the Status Meter with the clock displayed on your computer.
8: Post your screens hots to the community.

Please be aware, if you downloaded any large files just prior to this test, or if the disconnect was for an extensive time period, some usage may appear to have occurred, but it should be rather negligible.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchaining "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

See "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem in <a href="http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041318-0001_a.pdf">this PDF</a>.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38