cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive outage underway

Spectator

Re: Massive outage underway

Makes sense. Just a wait and see thing then.
Associate Professor
Senior Instructor

Y’all should be watching the Rose Bowl while they fix it. This game is insane.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Assistant Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Sad to say @BirdDog it's not a gateway issue... We are looking at bird issues.

Bummer.....not a good New Year's gift.  

Associate Professor

...not a sports guy, and even if I was, no signal to watch Smiley Happy

@BirdDog nope, it's not...  But yeah, no way this can be a gateway issue, too many gateways down at one time...  Unlikely they was all randomly nuked. lol

Also, I feel so alone trying to make sure everyone that pops in knows what's happening.  They don't pay me enough for this! (J/k, not employed by Hughes, I work at Amazon!)

Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:
Y’all should be watching the Rose Bowl while they fix it. This game is insane.

I lost interest some 30+ years ago when overseas in Germany. Came back and everything had changed, especially the pro side. Just got out of the habit of watching I guess. Was never a big fan (fanatic) to begin with.

Assistant Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

...not a sports guy, and even if I was, no signal to watch Smiley Happy

@BirdDog nope, it's not...  But yeah, no way this can be a gateway issue, too many gateways down at one time...  Unlikely they was all randomly nuked. lol

Also, I feel so alone trying to make sure everyone that pops in knows what's happening.  They don't pay me enough for this! (J/k, not employed by Hughes, I work at Amazon!)

Well, was hoping some massive server software glitch or something. Like y2k year change or similar, based on the year change. Doesn't sound good.  Amazon........lol.

Associate Professor

Don't diss me working there, I make more than than I have anywhere else (twice as much!) with AMAZINGLY good benefits! Smiley Very Happy

I had hopes it was just a gateway till I saw other posts elsewhere showing different gateways down... Smiley Sad

Senior Instructor

I’m not much for pros anymore, but have been on/off the college game for decades. The game has certainly changed tho. I tend to like Premier League footie more because it’s quick-paced, few breaks in the action, and no commercials. 90+ minutes of action played in roughly 105 minutes, vs. 60 minutes of action in 3.5-4 hours.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

"Just in case anyone starts a rant."

Too late. LOL. It's a bit of a riot.

@MarkJFine wrote:
Several gateways are out on J2, incl. ALB, SDO, SEA maybe more... just in case anyone starts a rant.
Edit: Add BOI and NLV to this.