cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mac Mini M1....

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: New Mac Mini M1....

Good lord. 24GB would take pretty much all day. I don't think I could handle this, at least not while having to update at home. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

So there's this machine that would need 18GB, right there, and then another 6GB for my wife's machine = 24GB in one morning, and that's not even a game.

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

Needless to say, I get up real early and use Bonus time for all of it. Most of the time it goes pretty fast, at between 25 and 40Mbps. That said, I've been in NJ getting spoiled for the past 2 months. I think Fedora 34 comes out today...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

I don't have much luck with the updates for the Mac. They seem very finicky and take an enormous amount of time.  The Windows updates are slow too, but they're smaller in size. 

Enjoy New Jersey!

@MarkJFine wrote:

Needless to say, I get up real early and use Bonus time for all of it. Most of the time it goes pretty fast, at between 25 and 40Mbps. That said, I've been in NJ getting spoiled for the past 2 months. I think Fedora 34 comes out today...

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

This unit came with Big Sur 11.2, and it was about 3.5GB to update it to 11.2.3.  That it was nearly twice that to go to 11.3 was shocking.  Once it finished downloading it installed without issue, though their "about 15 minutes remaining" is a bit longer than my 15 minutes.  🤪

Yeah, I'm a Mac convert, though I really do wish my printer worked with it.  The Steam game issue I half expected, especially with it being a new type of system, but the thought of my printer not working with it never occurred to me. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
MarkJFine
Associate Professor

@maratsade wrote:

Enjoy New Jersey!

Unfortunately it's not a pleasure trip.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Sorry to hear that, Mike. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Unfortunately it's not a pleasure trip.