New customer speed below 1 mpbs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rickdyke
New Poster

New customer speed below 1 mpbs

Hi new to this forum but thought someone could help. 2 weeks ago we had Hugh’s net installed, wife works from home so we chose the 75 gig business package, dish and router installed. Came home , could not stream Netflix on lowest quality setting, could not log in to work email system timed out, clocked the speed on the Net, it was less than 1 mbps. Called Hugh’s to cancel, account lady said they would wave the $400 dollar cancel fee since it did not work but wanted me to try tech assistance first. After talking to 2 different techs, they both tried doing internal things from their side to n avail. They finally told me they had done all they could from their end, next step would to have a tech out to troubleshoot it but I would have to pay for it. Why do I need to pay if the service they were supposed to provide had not worked from da one. We live in the rural area outside of Spokane and have no other internet options, we really want this to work. The icing on the cake was today, I called to cancel and the guy on the phone said yes we can waive the $400 cancel fee for service but you will still have to pay the $800 fee for cancel of equipment lease. I was floored. I stated the equipment was brand new they could have it back. He then told me they didn’t want it back, you keep it?? Makes zero sense to me, I read through the legal stuff that if you don’t return the equipment you get charged for it? Very frustrated! I had him hold off on the cancel until I could get my blood pressure back to normal. Is this how Hughes truly runs this business...... So disappointed, we really hoped this would work and we were willing to pay 150.00 a month for the service. I would think Hughes would want that business. It’s beyond me how they expect me to pay for a service call when it won’t allow us on at all...........Any thoughts? Thank you
17 REPLIES 17