Hughesnet Community

Pet Love!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay

Pet Love!

Today is National Love Your Pet Day! So, if you have any pet, big or small, do something special for them today.

I have one pet, a dog named Harley (after Harley Quinn of course)

She's a lab/beagle mix who is 11 years old. She's getting up there in age but is still as energetic as ever..... well, sometimes. Smiley Tongue

-Jay

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Total dog lover here.  Harley's a really nice looking dog!!

I have 4: a Bichon-Frise obtained from a rescue outfit, a mini-Beagle I found wandering around many years ago, a golden/flat coated retriever mix from the SPCA, and a lab/pit mix from the SPCA. Love them pups. 

Liz

Awwwwwwwwww she's a cutie, Jay!!

I don't have any pets now, but I do love seeing other people's! (Bring on the caaaaats...)

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@maratsade is holding out on us with no pictures!

-Jay

maratsade

I know! I don't have access to any of them right now....I had posted one on this site a long time ago, but it's no longer in My Photos.  I'll post photos when I'm home. 🙂

maratsade

Here are the fuzzkids:

Penny

Abby

Toby

Theo, freshly shorn

GabeU

I went to take a pic and my camera's batteries were dead, so this one will have to do for now.  It was taken about two years ago.  He'll be ten in two or three months.  I don't know exactly when, just that he was born sometime in mid/late Spring.  He was born to some barn cats and is missing part of his left, rear leg, so I took him in, knowing that he might not make it.  

Little OneLittle One

maratsade

That's one gorgeous cat. What's his personality like? 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

That's one gorgeous cat. What's his personality like? 

He's pretty calm.  He used to be very odd when it came to food, as he would turn his nose up at pretty much anything I offered him as a treat, like a piece of chicken, hamburger, steak, etc, but now he likes them.  He's surprisingly active for a cat who hobbles around on three and a half legs.  What's funny is that his "half leg" has a pad on the bottom, like the pad on their feet, so he can still somewhat walk on it.  He's missing the part from his "ankle" down, or what would be our ankle, anyway.  

Missing part.jpg

He's actually in remission from diabetes, as he got far too big due to feeding him in a grazing fashion rather than two or three times a day with a specific amount.  He's since lost a lot of weight (from 18lb to 12lb) and is now off of the insulin.  🙂    

@maratsade The whole gang is looking good!

@GabeU Definitely a trooper! Glad to hear his weight loss regimen is working so well.

-Jay

All of your pets are so cute!!! Thank you for sharing their pics! Cat LOL Cat LOL Cat LOL

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!