Hughesnet Community

Public Sleeping (MY WORST NIGHTMARE)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay

Public Sleeping (MY WORST NIGHTMARE)

Okay, so, not really my worst nightmare, but something I've never been comfortable doing. Everytime I go to NYC, I always see people sleeping in public. On the subway, in a cab, on a bench, the park, everywhere. I don't know how these people do it. I was once on a 16 hour flight to Europe and couldn't even sleep during that.

I bring this up because today is National Public Sleeping Day.

Image result for public sleeping
Can you sleep almost anywhere? Do you feel comfortable getting a power nap in at anytime? 

-Jay

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Nope. I don't like public sleeping, but like you I see people everywhere doing it. 

I travel for work a lot, and sleeping on planes is virtually impossible for me, even during very long flights. I usually try to arrive a day or two before my meetings, so I can sleep. I can't even have coffee during or right after a flight -- well, I can, but it gives me migraines.  I have a lot of tea (which I prefer to coffee anyway) and that helps a bit. 

Liz

I ' m  s l e e p i n g  r i g h t  n o w .

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

WHERE AT!?

-Jay

Standing up. At my desk. 

LOL 

But for real, I'm one of those people who can sleep anywhere. When I used to commute via Metro, I would always sleep then. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

sleeping1.jpg

LOL! I wouldn't get THAT comfortable.

Ugh, I just remembered this unbelievable woman who sat next to me on a flight once. She was in the middle seat and her husband at the window. She angled herself to rest her head on his lap, so sure enough, she ended up kicking me as she readjusted in her sleep. I had to wake her up so she could stop, and she had the nerve give ME the stink eye.

-Liz

maratsade

Ah, the genteel society on planes; what a delight.  Ill-mannered people should be strapped in the cargo area. 

GabeU

I used to fall asleep quite often on the bus ride home when I was a kid, as it was nearly an hour long ride, but that's about the only public sleeping I've engaged in.