cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

R.I.P. "Gwalk900"

Hey folks,

I just found out on Facebook that Greg Walker, who we all know as Gwalk900, passed away this morning.  He had been battling an illness recently.  Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.  😞  

@BirdDog

@maratsade

@Sweetpea3829

@MarkJFine

@gokartergo24

@Reggie

@C0RR0SIVE 

@El Dorado Netwo

@Liz

@Amanda

To those I missed I apologize.   

14 REPLIES 14
maratsade

Thank you for letting us know, @GabeU.  D@mn,  I'll miss him. 

His family's in my thoughts and prayers.

MarkJFine
Professor

Seemed like a real nice guy. It's a shame he suffered. That's a real bad way to go.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

**bleep**, this really sucks. 

The bleep starts with a "D" and ends with an "N". Definitely warrants an expletive.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

It's a sad day in the Community. Greg will be miss by many.

Reggie

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Here's to you Greg. Really sad, friends here for many years. This has hit my heart.

a-toast.gif

GabeU

@BirdDog

I didn't know Greg nearly as well as you and others here, but I wish I had.  I can say, though, that anyone who gives of themselves their time and effort to help complete strangers, not only on this site but others, has to be a good person.    

I really wish I had met him sooner.  😞  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@GabeUwrote:

@BirdDog

I didn't know Greg nearly as well as you and others here, but I wish I had.  I can say, though, that anyone who gives of themselves their time and effort to help complete strangers, not only on this site but others, has to be a good person.    

I really wish I had met him sooner.  😞  

Weird how even us older folks can get close on media like this. Really do feel like have lost a very good friend, it just sucks. I wish his family the best, he was a very good person and extremely intelligent from what I know of him. Kinda hard to express.

Pretty sure Liz and Amanda will be hit hard once they see this.  Smiley Sad

I saw this over the weekend. Didn't know what to say or how to say it except that apart from Gwalk being a friend, he might as well have been a coworker too. Gwalk has been a customer for 13 years and a member of our community for 5 years - he knew his stuff. He's been here longer than us, outlasted a few mods and dedicated much of his last few years to us and to many HughesNet customers. 

Shortly before he left us our team sent him a thick, warm blanket to keep him comfortable at home and I would like to believe that it did... This just all happened so very fast. 

OMG.......I was just thinking about him this morning. Was gonna shoot him a message on Facebook. Gosh, he will surely be missed. His contributions here on this community are great. He was the expert on Gen4 to say the least. I am sure his contibutions in life were much more. RIP Greg. You will be missed.

Ricky

Hello everyone,

The Community Team would like to remember Greg "Gwalk900" Walker by awarding him the title of "Honorary Alumnus". We felt this was the best way to recognize the wisdom, dedication and friendship that he selflessly gave to all of us over years. His presence here will be greatly missed.

Gwalk.PNG

gokartergo24
Tutor

Thanks..  I wanted to use a few swear words.. But the board won't let me.  I am tired of loosing friends to cancer..

Liz

It's like losing an old friend. We weren't close, but Gwalk always had a presence in the community. I mean, he was there before I started working for the company, and so I learned a lot from his expertise. It hurts knowing he won't be around anymore. RIP, and thank you for everything.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Katie0
Admin

This is an important time to extend our thanks and appreciation to all the selfless HughesNet Community contributors, helping each other day after day.  When we first started this Community, our hope was to make it more than a place for single posts from subscribers with little sustaining value.  Our goal was to make it a living community, centered around HughesNet service but more…

It’s the pictures, the humor, the family events you all share that make this community alive.  Those of us at Hughes that get to serve you here are grateful for making our job so worthwhile.

Katie