cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Billing problem

Highlighted

Just wondering if Hughesnet has some FREE games?

3 REPLIES 3
Professor

[1] Tnis is a billing thread -- your post belongs in General Discussion.  Maybe a moderator will move it there?

[2] Hughesnet is an ISP. They provide broadband, not games. 

msgimp wrote:

Just wondering if Hughesnet has some FREE games?

Its ridiculous that I'm being charged $815 for a bunch of lies that I was told about my service and I don't think it's fair that I was turned over for collections without being notified, and why should I be responsible for returning equipment when you came and installed it, why can't you come take it down, I'm disabled and I can't get out there to take it down
Professor

You're still responsible for returning equipment, even if you didn't install it, and you are responsible for paying your bills. In the case of the Hughesnet service, your responsibilities are listed in the service agreement, which is available to everyone to read before they sign up for service.  Having the service installed is the same as agreeing to the stipulations in the service agreement --  it's a virtual contract signature and you are bound by the conditions.

As for collections, most (if not all) creditors will send your account to collections for non-payment,  independent of whether you liked the merchandise/service or not, and they may not notify you, especially if  the collections clause is in the service agreement.  This is a universal practice, not limited just to Hughesnet, and people in general know that if they don't pay their bills (utilities, car loan, Internet, etc.), they will be sent to collections. 

EDIT:  Here's your notification (http://legal.hughes.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm, under 6.2)

In the case of late payment or non-payment, you understand and agree that Hughes may report such late payment or non-payment to the appropriate credit reporting agencies. If Hughes chooses to use any collection agency or [redacted] to collect money that you owe us or to assert any other right which we may have against you, you agree to pay the reasonable costs of collection or other action including, but not limited to, the costs of a collection agency, reasonable [redacted] fees, and court costs, as provided by applicable law.

I don't know if you have any recourse via Hughesnet, since they may no longer hold your account (because it was transferred to collections, which may be an outfit outside of the company), but you may be able to negotiate monthly payments with the collections agency.  

Norius01 wrote:
Its ridiculous that I'm being charged $815 for a bunch of lies that I was told about my service and I don't think it's fair that I was turned over for collections without being notified, and why should I be responsible for returning equipment when you came and installed it, why can't you come take it down, I'm disabled and I can't get out there to take it down