cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So uh, yeah... it's um...national awkward day.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: So uh, yeah... it's um...national awkward day.

How mortified were you?

@GabeU wrote:

I had a crush on one of my teachers when I was freshman in high school.  I made the mistake of telling a close friend, who then basically told everyone.  And I'm sure the teacher found out, as well, as she was really sweet to me after that.  Smiley Tongue  

Talk about embarrassing.  

Highlighted

Wowwwwwww jerk move! I would've been wary of trusting any more secrets with that "friend". Glad your teacher was nice to you after that and wasn't weird about it. That's cute. 

Just remembered an awkward moment...

I was at an autograph event for a Jpop artist forever ago. Typically those artists have weird, strict rules, and in this case you could only get your item signed and then move on. No pictures, selfies, or touching.

When it was my turn at the the autograph table and after the artist signed my item, I saw her hand outstretched. I'm not sure what was going on and maybe it was nerves/excitement/confusion all at once, but I shook her hand and left with a big stupid grin on my face. Mind you this was in a large open space filled with other fans. My friends were like Smiley SurprisedOOOO YOU SHOOK HER HAND. hahaha

I feel embarrassed that I did that because I think she was actually signaling "Here's your signed thing, move on". Also I'm pretty sure the artist's managers were staring daggers at me, but oh well, I got my handshake.  

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

"

When it was my turn at the the autograph table and after the artist signed my item, I saw her hand outstretched. I'm not sure what was going on and maybe it was nerves/excitement/confusion all at once, but I shook her hand and left with a big stupid grin on my face. Mind you this was in a large open space filled with other fans. My friends were like Smiley SurprisedOOOO YOU SHOOK HER HAND. hahaha

I feel embarrassed that I did that because I think she was actually signaling "Here's your signed thing, move on". Also I'm pretty sure the artist's managers were staring daggers at me, but oh well, I got my handshake. "

LOL LOL LOL

This is cracking me up; I imagine she was probably all, "What on Earth was that? Didn't I explain the rules?"

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

How mortified were you?

Very, but like so much other gossip in high school, it didn't take long for something else to come up to take the focus away... THANKFULLY!  Smiley Tongue 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro