cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst internet I have ever had !

New Poster

The worst internet I have ever had !

It takes way to long to load anything. It buffers every few minutes then it will freeze. It will also decide to reset the modem, on its own at anytime.
I want to cancel this Internet ASAP and get Internet that actually works!
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: The worst internet I have ever had !

@AB13 

Then call customer service at 866-347-3292 and do so.  Keep in mind that during your 24 month commitment there is an Early Termination Fee, which is $400 for the first 90 days after activation, then $15 less per month thereafter.  

If you decide you want help for your purported issues, on the other hand, ask for it in the Tech Support Section.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Agreed! We had service in Arizona which was horrible. We found out the satellite, yes, the one in space, was broken. This was after they sent several techs to our house. They were never going to be able to fix it! When we moved to Texas, instead of just moving our service and contract, they started the contract all over. So, were locked in to a new 2 year contract. The service still sucks. We are finally at the end of the contract and will be changing providers. AT&T has a satellite service that doesn’t slow down your speed if you use up your allotted gbs. I wouldn’t recommend HughesNet to my worst enemy!
Tags (1)
Professor

So you're basically changing providers at the end of your contract, right, and going with the grass is greener provider (the one that has so many complaints lodged against them).  Very smart of you -- I'm sure the honeymoon period will be delightful, and then we'll probably see you on the complaint boards, ranting about AT&T.   Awesome. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@Novaember wrote:
We found out the satellite, yes, the one in space, was broken. This was after they sent several techs to our house.  

The satellite isn't "broken".

@Novaember wrote:
 AT&T has a satellite service that doesn’t slow down your speed if you use up your allotted gbs. 

AT&T doesn't have satellite internet service.  And if whatever the service is doesn't throttle your speed when you've reached a specific data allotment, it doesn't have a data allotment.  You're likely confusing "may be" with "doesn't", as in your speed "may be" throttled when you've reached a specific data threshold, and if it's cell based that threshold is likely 23GB. 

As for not recommending HughesNet to your worst enemies, I wouldn't either, but I would recommend it to my friends and family, and have done so.  And, like my service for me, theirs has been working just fine for them. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

More power to you. I’d rather have dial up myself. I’ve never had worse service than I’ve had with Hughesnet. Recommend it to your friends and see how long they will remain your friends.
Freshman

First, I didn’t say I was switching to AT&T. I merely mentioned them. Second, my neighbor has them and is very happy. Their service is much better than our Hughesnet service. Third, even in my rural area, I have other choices. I’ve not yet made up my mind, other than it will NOT be Hughesnet and I will no longer have to rant.
You are very defensive. It’s a shame that you have to be, but there is so much to defend. The service is so very lousy.
Professor

Why don't you get dialup? It's free: https://www.juno.com/free

Novaember wrote:
More power to you. I’d rather have dial up myself.

Professor

It's great you have other choices. You should try them. Why stay with a service you don't like? Pay the ETF and go get service that's more appealing to you,

New Poster

I feel you... Im not much for complaning but im so tired of getting played by net providers...my son is a gamer and all games are going to donloads not disk.. we live out of town so we have no choices all the other providers cost 60$ for 100meg UNLIMITED net.. but because were we are at we can get 1meg at&t who charges by the gig or this crap were its 30gig for 100.... my son baught a game for 12$ but it would cost me 175$ on top of that in data tokens there should be a law aginst scamming people just cause were they live... it is a new age and data caps do not work any more every thing needs downloaded or streamed.......... Im sorry its a crime to charge one person 60$ for fast and unlimited and another so much more for so much less............... Stop Data Caps!!!

Tags (1)