This was actually last week...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

This was actually last week...

IUnplugEng.jpg

Every first Friday of March is National Day of Unplugging. Now amid this COVID-19 pandemic, it might seem counter-productive since more of us, who are able, are working remotely. I guess why this holiday starts on a Friday. All you do is unplug from all your electronics from sundown to sundown. Use this time away from the screens to read a book, create something, or do something else productive.

How would you spend your time offline?

Again, with the pandemic, unplugging from *everything* might not be a good idea. Staying in contact with family is certainly important as well as educating yourself  to say healthy and safe. What you can try, and what I'm definitely going to do, is unplug from social media. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty overloaded with all the news and panic just from the past two days; I need a break.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I spent time offline from birth until around 1982, so I'm good.  As long as there is an online, I'm there.   🙂 🙂 

LOL obviously! (Not complaining)

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

I was thinking I could read, but my books are basically online. 🙂  If we go offline, I'll have to resort to reading the firm's casebooks in our library.  Ha ha! 

Well that doesn't sound fun at all. XD I think reading off an e-reader is a perfectly good exception!

-Liz

maratsade

One thing I could/should do offline is work on the garden. Some of the flowers are coming up, but the beds need cleaning (we cover them in straw for the winter).  Here's a crocus that's emerging:

IMG_0066.jpg

GabeU

The lady who used to live in my house had numerous flower beds around the yard.  I didn't have the energy to keep up with it, so most of it is gone, but I still have a rose bush near my porch and some flowers that grow in the front.  

My front lawn is trashed right now from all of the stones thrown up by the plows.  It's six inches keep in some spots near the road.  Awful.  It's very surprising considering this winter was quite mild overall.  I have no doubt, though, that when it's cleaned up the flowers will again poke through.  🙂

Lawn1.jpg

Lawn2.jpg

maratsade

They tear up the roads here too when it snows, not to mention that Every.Single.Time they lock into my driveway, as the plows kick snow to the sides, and they make a wall at the end of my driveway. It's very annoying.

I like gardens, but don't have much time at all to work on them, since I travel a lot for work. I used to have rose bushes (they're very nice), but Japanese beetles ate them every season, and I didn't have time to deal with that, so they're gone.  So now there are only a couple of beds with perennials. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I used to have rose bushes (they're very nice), but Japanese beetles ate them every season, and I didn't have time to deal with that, so they're gone.   

Surprisingly, we don't have much of a problem with those here, or at least not that I've seen.  I do, however, have Asian Lady Beetles.  I absolutely HATE those things.  Since it started getting warmer I'm finding at least half a dozen a day in my house.  I had one land on my neck and start biting me the other day.  Ugh.  

maratsade

I have Asian lady beetles too; they overwinter at my house, in a corner of the laundry room, but they're all gone now except for those who didn't make it and whose dehydrated bodies are lying around.  I've never had one bite me, though!

@GabeU wrote:

Surprisingly, we don't have much of a problem with those here, or at least not that I've seen.  I do, however, have Asian Lady Beetles.  I absolutely HATE those things.  Since it started getting warmer I'm finding at least half a dozen a day in my house.  I had one land on my neck and start biting me the other day.  Ugh.  

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I've never had one bite me, though! 

Give it time.  😛 

I guess they do it to get salt.