Tis the Season

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Tis the Season

Lots of people with new devices that aren't satellite-internet-proofed or don't know that they're even using the internet (or they do, just not how much). Every year at this time the system gets terribly overloaded at peak hours. #patience

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
17 REPLIES 17
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's very noticeable , and sometimes congestion happens during the bonus bytes time too. 

Yup. The other day I had an htaccess file stall out while being uploaded to the website... leaving it completely unprotected. Not good.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

It's definitely noticeable, that's for sure. 

Oddly enough, though, I was getting great speeds on Wednesday evening.  I was setting up my Pi4 as an access point (just for fun) and I ran a couple of tests through it using my laptop.  I wasn't signed in so I don't have a record of it, but it was nearly full speed, which was quite the opposite of what I expected, especially on that day and at that time.  I then tried it while directly connected to the HT2000W and it was the same.  

maratsade

Pretty slow for me.  

testmy.png

maratsade

By the way, the system doesn't seem to be accepting code. I tried an iframe and no dice.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

By the way, the system doesn't seem to be accepting code. I tried an iframe and no dice.

Check your ad blocker.  It's ad blockers that seem to be giving me problems on the community lately.  Well, uBlock Origin, anyway.  

maratsade

<a href="https://testmy.net/db/mAnrA7-2Z">TestMy.net Test ID : mAnrA7-2Z</a><iframe loading="lazy" src="https://testmy.net/db/mAnrA7-2Z&f=1" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="370" width="100%"></iframe>

With ad blocker disabled.

GabeU

How interesting.  I've never done it like that before.  I've always either copied the picture and pasted it, or saved it to my computer and then uploaded it.

maratsade

I normally do that too, but the other day I wanted to post an animated gif and tried the iframe and it didn't work.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I normally do that too, but the other day I wanted to post an animated gif and tried the iframe and it didn't work.

I've always posted gifs in the same way as pictures.  I'd always seen the iframes method listed for things, but I didn't understand how it worked or what I was supposed to do with it, so I never tried it.

maratsade

Thing is, I tried to download the animated gif but Giphy didn't let me do it. They do offer an iframe, but I guess that doesn't work either... 😛

Edit: Now posting the URL works, but iframe still does not. 

GabeU

Pretty neat.  

This is all interesting because it can save me a little time and data when I want to post a picture or gif.  

maratsade

Coud you try posting an iframe from Testmy?  To insert code, click the </> symbol. I'd like to see if it works for you.

GabeU

Like this?  

<a href="https://testmy.net/db/0a0-cDNBs">TestMy.net Test ID : 0a0-cDNBs</a><iframe loading="lazy" src="https://testmy.net/db/0a0-cDNBs&f=1" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="370" width="100%"></iframe>
maratsade

Good to see it's not just me. 🙂 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Good to see it's not just me. 🙂 

Has it ever worked for either one (giphy and testmy), as far as you know?  

maratsade

I think so, but I can't say I'm 100% sure.