Upstream provider outage?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Upstream provider outage?

Just noticed the sidebar message. Wonder who it is...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
13 REPLIES 13
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Not sure what you mean..... 

@MarkJFine wrote:

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

There was a significant outage with one of the major carriers yesterday, maybe due to that. 

@maratsade, on upper right main page.

maratsade

Oh, now it makes sense. I hadn't seen the home page.  Thanks, BirdDog.

Level3 has an outage in LA (might indirectly affect SDO intermittently) and Albuquerque (probably disastrous there).

Edit: They certainly operate at another level... lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

Level3 has an outage in LA (might indirectly affect SDO intermittently) and Albuquerque (probably disastrous there).

Edit: They certainly operate at another level... lol

Does it really matter? Always HughesNet's fault anyway.

maratsade

@maratsade wrote:

And Astoria suffered an electrical issue which some claim may have been an alien invasion. All in all, a challenging day.

Guess who comes from Astoria and it will all suddenly make incredible sense.

(I'm from Flushing and Jamaica... so, it's not me)

maratsade

Lou Costello? Tony Bennett? 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Guess who comes from Astoria and it will all suddenly make incredible sense.

(I'm from Flushing and Jamaica... so, it's not me)

Actually, I messed that up badly. He's from Jamaica Estates. Astoria's way up by Laguardia. No idea why I thought Astoria.

And where I was from is now officially called Rochdale (even though the post office was Jamaica).

Oh well, you know what they say is the first thing to go...

maratsade

Ahhhhhh! Figured it out.  LOL   (Edit: this is the guy named after a famous duck, right?)

Yes, this explains many things. 

Astoria's where it happened, though, but it's probably a diversion by the aliens. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Actually, I messed that up badly. He's from Jamaica Estates. Astoria's way up by Laguardia. No idea why I thought Astoria.

And where I was from is now officially called Rochdale (even though the post office was Jamaica).

Oh well, you know what they say is the first thing to go...

He who shall not be named, but espouses many conspiracy theories and falsities.

GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

CenturyLink.  

@GabeU wrote:

CenturyLink.  

Wouldn't be shocked at that either.